Poem Of The Man God The Gospel As Revealed To Me

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gospel, Life of Jesus, Dogmas, Church Teachings, Catholic Faith, Prayers, Truth, Life, Regeneration, Evolution of Souls

The Refresher For St. Therese of the Child Jesus And The Holy Face of Jesus

Poem
    Poem
    Admin

Number of posts : 4121

The Refresher For St. Therese of the Child Jesus And The Holy Face of Jesus Empty The Refresher For St. Therese of the Child Jesus And The Holy Face of Jesus

Post by Poem

St. Therese, the Little Flower of Jesus (1873-1897)

Our Parish Patron Saint

Therese Martin was the last of nine children born to Louis and Zelie Martin on January 2, 1873, in Alencon, France. However, only five of these children lived to reach adulthood. Precocious and sensitive, Therese needed much attention. Her mother died when she was 4 years old. As a result, her father and sisters babied young Therese. She had a spirit that wanted everything.

At the age of 14, on Christmas Eve in 1886, Therese had a conversion that transformed her life. From then on, her powerful energy and sensitive spirit were turned toward love, instead of keeping herself happy. At 15, she entered the Carmelite convent in Lisieux to give her whole life to God. She took the religious name Sister Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face. Living a hidden, simple life of prayer, she was gifted with great intimacy with God. Through sickness and dark nights of doubt and fear, she remained faithful to God, rooted in His merciful love. After a long struggle with tuberculosis, she died on September 30, 1897, at the age of 24. Her last words were the story of her life: "My God, I love You!"

The world came to know Therese through her autobiography, "Story of a Soul". She described her life as a "little way of spiritual childhood." She lived each day with an unshakable confidence in God's love. "What matters in life," she wrote, "is not great deeds, but great love." Therese lived and taught a spirituality of attending to everyone and everything well and with love. She believed that just as a child becomes enamored with what is before her, we should also have a childlike focus and totally attentive love. Therese's spirituality is of doing the ordinary, with extraordinary love.

Link to the above: https://www.littleflower-church.org/biography-of-st--therese

In short, after reading the many pages of Poem and the Notebooks, God prepares souls for 'Heaven.'  That is all of ours destiny. How long it takes depends on each soul.  The sooner the better.  Just like st. Therese.  Whatever the human flesh cause, God took her because she simply pleased God.   This is the example to stick in your minds and hearts.  The Earth is misery.  Heaven is Bliss.  
    Hell is a no go.  You do not want that ever for yourself nor any other soul created by God.

Thus, we live as St. Therese lived, privately to ?  contemplate God.  day after day because in the end, it is God we enjoy forever.  
    God. To God be glory forever!

Peace be with you always

Last edited by Poem on Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Poem

Post Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:06 am by Poem

St. Therese of Lisieux

Holy Face Devotion

"O Jesus, who, in Thy cruel Passion didst become the reproach of men and the Man of Sorrows, I worship Thy divine Face. Once it shone with the beauty and sweetness of the Divinity; but now, for my sake, it is become as 'the face of a leper. Yet, in that disfigured Countenance, I recognize Thy infinite love, and I am consumed with the desire of making Thee loved by all mankind. The tears that flowed so abundantly from Thy Eyes are to me as precious pearls that I delight to gather, that with their worth I may ransom the souls of poor sinners. O Jesus, whose Face is the sole beauty that ravishes my heart, I may not see here below the sweetness of Thy glance, nor feel the ineffable tenderness of Thy kiss, I bow to Thy Will—but I pray Thee to imprint in me Thy divine likeness, and I implore Thee so to inflame me with Thy love, that it may quickly consume me, and that I may soon reach the vision of Thy glorious Face in heaven. Amen.”

Little Flower Devotion

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus Please pick for me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to meas a message of love.O Little Flower of Jesus,ask God to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands( mention your special prayer request here ). St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God’s great love for me,so that I may imitate your “Little Way” each day.Amen.

In The Pieta Prayer booklet is a photo page where Jesus is above St. Therese and is about to place a wreath upon her head with many roses as depicting indicating roses raining down.

The Novena

The 24 Glory Be to the Father's novenas can be said at anytime.  
    So, 7th to the 9th of the month say 24 'Glory be to the Father...'

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus Please pick for me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to meas a message of love.O Little Flower of Jesus,ask God to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands.  St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God’s great love for me, so that I may imitate your “Little Way” each day.Amen.

But in reality just asking Sincerely will also work.  

Devotion to the Little Child Jesus, and the Holy Face, gets you more. But it is spiritual in nature.   it is called 'Love.'

Peace be with you always

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm