Poem Of The Man God The Gospel As Revealed To Me

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gospel, Life of Jesus, Dogmas, Church Teachings, Catholic Faith, Prayers, Truth, Life, Regeneration, Evolution of Souls

How Good The Lord Is

Poem
    Poem
    Admin

Number of posts : 4123

How Good The Lord Is Empty How Good The Lord Is

Post by Poem

Notebook 1943
    Chapter: Abundance of God's Goodness
    Page: 40

May 24

"How good the Lord is! When I contemplate the limitless goodness of God, I feel my heart dissolving with gratitude and love. And also with pain, for I see how few see how good the Lord is."

"Many, in order to call Him good, want outstanding things from Him, but then proclaim Him to be not good if they are very slightly stricken by something unpleasant. But He is always "good"; He is a real "Dad" for his faithful children, and He is also good to those less faithful as well, on whom He lavishes boundless treasures of patient love capable of waiting for repentance."

"But with his faithful children, then! With those who place their hand in His hand as a Father and proceed that way, looking at Him with the holy, loving pride of children who love their begetter--oh! He displays moving acts of providence, at all hours, in all events. He turns not only the needs, but also the minimal desires of his faithful little children into realities and gives us these realities as gifts, as rewards, just like a good "Dad" to make us happy."

"I think of that Gospel sentence: "No one who abandons house and relatives out of love for Me will fail to receive a hundredfold now and in the future, eternal life"; and the other: "Give and it will be given to you--a good full well-shaken and overflowing measure will be poured into your lap."

"Yes, it is really like that. To those placing God above all else and making God their center and work for the Lord their goal, God grants not only the salary proportionate to what they have done, but a "hundredfold," to the point of superfluous in an overflowing measure, for God is so great a Lord that He can cover his faithful servants with treasures beyond measure and He is such a good Father that it is joy for Him in the joy of His Essence to give joy to his creatures.... Nor can his treasures as a King and Father risk being consumed for as from an inexhaustible fount these cascades from within the Eternal Triad a continuous flow of power turning into graces for those who love Him."

Amen!

What is written above are from the diary of Maria Valtorta

Peace be with you always

Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:39 pm