Poem Of The Man God The Gospel As Revealed To Me

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gospel, Life of Jesus, Dogmas, Church Teachings, Catholic Faith, Prayers, Truth, Life, Regeneration, Evolution of Souls

Father God's Words

Poem
    Poem
    Admin

Number of posts : 4121

Father God's Words Empty Father God's Words

Post by Poem

Notebook 1944, March 25th.
    Page: 235-239

A few sentences:

"The end will be like the beginning. The circle closes by joining the two dark stumps to each other. The new flood--that is God's wrath--will come in another form. But it will still be wrath. Faithful to my word, I will not send the flood again.

"But I will let the Satanic forces send the flood of the Satanic acts of cruelty."

Anti-Christ. Satan's Son. Plus Satan's Demons. To torture and bring chaos, perturbation to above and beyond.

Satan himself mimic's God.  Mimic's God's court. Tries to Mimic God in every way possible. Copy Cat.

The Father God's Words continued....

"The Earth howls like a creature afraid of the monsters inhabiting it; the Universe trembles with horror at the sight of the crimes covering the Earth. I, your God, burn with divine wrath at your corruption in flesh, mind, and spirit. Neither the mercy of the Savior nor that of the Virgin and the Saints appease my wrath with their prayer.

Continued...

"Truly as in the times of Moses, I say, 'I will erase those who have sinned against Me from my Book, and if I were to enter into your midst just once I would exterminate you.' Truly I say that only to my remaining children do I speak as a friend for by their faithfulness they have found grace in my sight and I will show them my Good and have mercy on them. And even more benign than with my servant Moses for my most holy Son has brought you his benignity and established the Kingdom of Benignity without waiting for the day you come to Heaven I will make the Face of my Christ shine in you O my faithful children who adore Me with holy respect and with filial love.

Peace Be With You Always

Share this post on: reddit

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:00 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp 119. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « I Am the Lord Your God. »

27th February 1945.

There are at least twice as many people as yesterday. There are also well-to-do people. Some have come on donkey-back and are taking their meal under the porch, after tying the little donkeys to the poles of the porch, waiting for the Master.

It is a cold but clear day. The people are talking among themselves in low voices, and the most learned explain who the Master is and why He speaks in that place.
    One asks: « Is He greater than John? »

« No. It's a different thing. John, of whom I was a disciple, is the Precursor, and is the voice of justice. This one is the Messiah, and is the voice of wisdom and mercy. »

« How do you know? » ask many.

« Three disciples of the Baptist told me. If you only knew what happened! They saw Him when He was born. Just imagine, He was born of light! There was such a bright light that they, who were shepherds, rushed out of the sheepfold, among the animals that had gone mad with terror, and they saw that the whole of Bethlehem was on fire, and then the angels came down from Heaven and they put the fire out with their wings, and He, the Child, was on the earth, born of light. All the fire became a star… »
    « No! It's not so. »

« Yes, it is. One, who was a stableman at Bethlehem when I was a boy, told me. Now that the Messiah is a man, he boasts about it. »

« It is not so. The star came afterwards, it came with the wise men of the east, one of whom was a relative of Solomon, and therefore of the Messiah, because He is of the house of David, and David is Solomon's father, and Solomon loved the queen of Sheba because she was beautiful and because of the gifts that she brought him, and he had a child of her, and he belongs to Judah although he is from beyond the Nile. »

« What are you talking about? Are you crazy? »

« No. Do you mean that it is not true that His relative brought him the perfumes as is the custom among kings and members of that family? »

« I know the true story » says another one. « This is what happened. I know because Isaac is one of the shepherds and is a friend of mine. So, the Child was born in a stable, of the house of David. There was a prophecy… »

« But does He not come from Nazareth? »

« Let me tell you. He was born in Bethlehem because He belongs to David, and it was at the time of the edict. The shepherds saw a light, so beautiful that there has never been a more beautiful one, and the youngest, because he was innocent, was the first to see the angel of the Lord, who spoke as sweetly as the music of a harp saying: "The Saviour is born. Go and worship Him", and then the angels sang: "Glory to God and peace to good men". And the shepherds went and they saw the little baby in a manger between an ox and a donkey, and His Mother and father. And they worshipped Him and then they took Him to the house of a good woman. And the Child grew like all children, beautiful, good and lull of love. Then the wise men came from beyond the Euphrates and the Nile, because they had seen a star and recognised it as the star of Balaam. But the Child was already walking. And king Herod ordered the slaughter because he was afraid for his kingdom. But the angel of the Lord had warned them of the danger and the babies of Bethlehem died, but He did not, because He had escaped beyond Matharaea. Then He came back to Nazareth and worked as a carpenter, and when His time came, after that His cousin, the Baptist announced Him, He started His mission and first looked for His shepherds. He cured Isaac, who had been paralysed for thirty years. And Isaac never tires in preaching Him. That is the truth. »

« But the three disciples of the Baptist did tell me those words! » says the first man, somewhat mortified.

« And they are true. It's the description of the stableman that is not true. He boasts about it? He ought to go and tell the Bethlehemites to be good. The Messiah cannot preach in Bethlehem or in Jerusalem. »

« Of course! Just imagine if the Scribes and Pharisees want to hear His words! They are vipers and hyenas, as the Baptist calls them. »

« I would like to be cured. See? My leg is affected with gangrene. I thought I was going to die coming here on a donkey. I looked for Him in Zion, but He was no longer there… » says one.

« They threatened Him with death… » replies another man.
    « The dogs! »
    « Yes. Where are you from? »
    « From Lydda. »
    « A long way! »
    « I… I would like to tell Him of a sin of mine… I told the Baptist, but I ran away, he reproached me so violently. I don't think I can be forgiven… » says another man.

« What have you done? »

« A lot of evil. I will tell Him. What do you say? Will He curse me? »

« No. I heard Him speak at Bethsaida. I happened to be there. What words He spoke!!! He was talking of a woman who had committed sin. Ah! I would almost have liked to be her to deserve them!… » says an old stately man.

« Here He comes » many shout.

« Mercy! I am ashamed! » says the guilty man who is about to run away.

« Where are you running, My son? Is there so much darkness in your heart that you hate the Light to the extent of having to flee before it? Have you sinned so much as to be afraid of Me, Who am Forgiveness? What sin can you have committed? Even if you had killed God you should not be afraid, if you were truly repentant. Do not weep! Or come: we will weep together. » Jesus, Who by lifting one hand had ordered the fleeing man to stop, now holds him tight to Himself, and then turns to those who are waiting and says: « Just one moment. That I may comfort this heart. Then I will come to You. »

And He walks beyond the house and going round the comer He knocks against the veiled woman, who was standing there listening. Jesus stares at her for a moment, He walks ten more steps and stops. « What have you done, son? »

The man falls on his knees. He is about fifty years old. His face is ravaged by many passions and a secret torture. He stretches his arms and shouts: « I killed my mother and brother… to have all my father's heritage and enjoy it with women… I have had no more peace… My food… , blood! My sleep… nightmares… My pleasures… Ah! in the lap of women, in their lustful cries, I felt the cold body of my dead mother and I heard the death-rattle of my poisoned brother. Cursed be pleasure women, they are asps, medusae, unappeasable morays… my ruin! »

« Do not curse. I do not curse you… »

« Are You not cursing me? »

« No. I weep and I take your sin upon Me!… How heavy it is! It breaks My limbs. But I clasp it to consume it for you… and I give you forgiveness. Yes. I forgive you your big sin. » He lays His hands on the head of the sobbing man and prays: « Father, My Blood will be shed also for him. For the time being, here are My tears and My prayer. Father, forgive, because he is repentant. Your Son, to Whose judgement everything is left, wants it!… » He remains thus for a few minutes, He then bends, raises the man and says to him. « Your sin is forgiven. It is for you to expiate what is left of your crime, through a life of penance. »

« God has forgiven me. And my mother? My brother? »

« What Gods forgives, everybody forgives. Go and sin no more. »

The man cries louder and kisses His hand. Jesus leaves him to let him weep. He goes back to the house. The veiled woman makes a gesture as if she wanted to go and meet Him, but she bends her head and does not move. Jesus passes in front of her without looking at her.

He is now in His place. He speaks: « A soul has gone back to the Lord. Blessed be His omnipotence that snatches from the demon's snares the souls He created and takes them back on to the way to Heaven. Why was that soul lost? Because it had lost sight of the Law.

It is said in the Book that the Lord showed Himself on Sinai in all His fearful might, to say by means of it: "I am God. This is My will. And this is the lightning I hold ready for those who will rebel against the will of God". And before speaking He ordered that none of the people should go up to contemplate Him Who is, and that also the priests should be purified before approaching the limit of God, that they might not be struck. Because it was the time of justice and of trials. Heaven was closed, as if by a stone, on the mystery of Heaven and on the wrath of God, and only the swords of justice flashed from Heaven on the guilty children. But not now. Now the Just One has come to consume all justice and the time has come, when without lightning and without limitations, the Word of God speaks to man to give him Grace and Life.

The first word of the Father and Lord is this: "I am the Lord Your God".

There is not one instant of the day in which this word is not uttered by the voice of God and is not written by His finger. Where?

Everywhere. It is repeated continuously by everything. By grass and stars, by water and fire, by wool and food, by light and darkness, by health and illness, by wealth and poverty. Everything says: "I am the Lord. You received that from Me. One thought of Mine gives it to you, another thought takes it away from you, there is no power of armies or of defence that can shield you from My will". It shouts in the voice of the wind, it sings in the murmur of water, it gives off scent in the sweet smell of flowers, it is engraved on mountain tops, and it whispers, speaks, calls, shouts in consciences: "I am the Lord your God".

Never forget that! Do not close your eyes, your ears, do not suffocate your consciences, so that you may not hear that word. In any case it stands and the moment will come when it will be written by the fiery finger of God on the walls of banqueting halls or on the waves of rough seas, on the smiling lips of a child, or on the pallor of a dying old man, on a sweet-smelling rose or on a fetid sepulchre. The moment will come when in the exhilaration of wine and pleasure, in the bustle of business, in the rest at night, during a lonely walk, it will raise its voice and say: "I am the Lord your God" and not the flesh that you kiss so avidly, and not the food that you gobble so greedily, and not the gold that you hoard so stingily, and not the bed in which you idle, and neither taciturnity, nor loneliness, nor sleep can silence it. "I am the Lord your God", the Companion Who will not abandon you, the Guest you cannot drive out. Are you good? Then the guest and companion is a good Friend. Are you wicked and guilty? Then the guest and companion becomes the angry King and gives no peace. But He does not leave you. Separation from God is granted only to damned souls. But the separation is their unappeasable and eternal torture.

"I am the Lord your God" and it adds "Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery". Oh! He really says that just now! And from what Egypt He is bringing you out, towards the promised land, which is not this place, but Heaven! The eternal Kingdom of the Lord, where there is no hunger or thirst, cold or death, but everything will exude joy and peace and every soul will be replete with peace and joy.

He is now releasing you from real slavery. Here is the Redeemer. It is I. I have come to break your chains. Every human ruler may die, and through his death slaves may be set free. But Satan does not die. He is eternal. He is the ruler who has fettered you in order to drag you wherever he wishes. You are sinners and sin is the chain by means of which Satan holds you. I have come to break the chain. I am coming in the name of the Father and because I wanted to come. The promise which has not been understood is therefore now being fulfilled: "I brought you out of Egypt and of slavery".

This is now being fulfilled spiritually. The Lord your God is bringing you Out Of the land of the idol who seduced the First parents, He frees you from the slavery of sin, He clothes you once again with Grace and admits you to His Kingdom. I solemnly tell you that those who come to Me will be able to hear the Most High say to the blessed hearts, in a soft fatherly voice: "I am the Lord your God and I am drawing you to Me, free and happy".

Come. Turn your hearts and faces, your prayers and will to the Lord. The hour of Grace has come. »

Jesus has finished. He passes by blessing and He caresses an old woman and a swarthy smiling little girl.

« Cure me, Master. I am suffering so much! » says the man affected with gangrene.

« Your soul first. Do penance… »

« Baptise me as John did. I cannot go to him. I am not well. »

« Come. » Jesus goes down towards the river, which is on the other side of two very large meadows and is hidden by a wood. He takes His sandals off and so does the man who has dragged himself there on crutches. They go down to the river bank and Jesus, cupping His hands, pours the water on the head of the man, who is in the river up to half his shin.

« Take your bandages off, now » Jesus tells him while going back up to the path.
    The man obeys. His leg is healed. The crowd shout their astonishment.
    « Also I! »
    « Also I! »

« Baptise me, too! » shout many.

Jesus, Who is already half way along the path, turns round: « Tomorrow. Go now and be good. Peace be with you. »

It all ends and Jesus goes back to the house, to the dark kitchen although it is early afternoon.
    The disciples gather round Him. Peter asks: « What was the matter with the man You took behind the house? »

« He needed to be purified. »
    « But he did not come back and he was not there asking to be baptised. »
    « He went to where I sent him. »
    « Where? »
    « To expiate, Peter. »
    « In jail? »
    « No. To do penance for the rest of his life. »
    « Does one not get purified by water? »
    « Also tears are water. »

« That is true. Now that You have worked a miracle, I wonder how many people will come!… They were already twice as many today… »

« Yes. If I had to do everything, I would not be able to. You will baptise. At first, one at a time, then two, three, then many. And I will preach and cure the sick people and the guilty ones. »

« Are we to baptise? Oh! I am not worthy! Dispense me, Lord, from that mission! I need to be baptised! » Peter is on his knees imploring.

But Jesus bends down and says: « You will be the very first one to baptise, as from tomorrow. »

« No, Lord! How can I do that if I am blacker than that chimney? »

Jesus smiles at the sincere humility of His apostle on his knees against His own knees, on which he has joined his coarse big fisherman's hands. He then kisses Peter on his forehead, just below his rough grey curly hair: « There you are. I baptise you with a kiss. Are you happy? »

« I would commit another sin to have another kiss! »

« No. You must not mock at God by taking advantage of His gifts. »

« Will You not give a kiss also to me? I have sins, too » says the Iscariot.

Jesus stares at him. His look, which changes so easily, turns from the brightness of joy that made it so clear while speaking to Peter, to a severe, and I would say, tired gloom, and He says: « Yes… also to you. Come. I am not unfair to anybody. Be good, Judas. If you only wanted!… You are young. You have a whole lifetime to climb higher and higher, up to the perfection of holiness… » and He kisses him.

« Now, it is your turn, Simon, My friend. And yours, Matthew, My victory. And Yours, wise Bartholomew. And yours, faithful Philip. And yours, cheerful Thomas. Come, Andrew, silently active. And you, James, of our first meeting. And you now, joy of your Master. And you, Judas, companion of my childhood and youth. And you, James, whose look and heart remind Me of the Just One. You have all had My kiss. But remember that great is My love, but also your good will is required. Tomorrow you will be taking one step forward in your lives as My disciples. And remember that every step forward is an honour and an obligation. »

« Master… one day You said to me, John, James and Andrew, that You would teach us how to pray. I think that if we prayed as You do, we would become worthy of doing the work that You want us to do » says Peter.

« Also then I replied to you: "When you are sufficiently formed, I will teach you the sublime prayer. To leave you 'My' prayer. But even that prayer will be nothing if you say it only with your lips. For the time being, ascend to God with your souls and your will. Prayer is a gift that God grants to man and that man presents to God". »

« What? Are we not yet worthy of praying? The whole of Israel pray… » says the Iscariot.

« Yes, Judas. But from her deeds, you can see how Israel prays. I do not want to make traitors of you. Who prays with an external attitude, and internally is against good, is a traitor. »

« And when are You going to make us work miracles? » Judas asks again.

« We… miracles? Eternal mercy! And yet, we drink nothing but water! Miracles… us? Boy, are you crazy? » Peter is scandalised, frightened and is beside himself.

« He told us, in Judaea. Did You not? »

« Yes, it is true. I did. And you will work them. But as long as there is too much flesh in you, you will not work miracles. »

« We will fast » says the Iscariot.

« It is of no use. By flesh I mean the corrupted passions, the triple craving and the train of vices that follow the treacherous triple craving… Like the children of a filthy bigamous union, the pride of the mind gives birth, through the greed for flesh and power, to all the evil that is in man and in the world. »

« For You we have left everything » replies Judas.

« But not yourselves. »

« Must we die then? We would do it to be with You. At least I would… »

« No. I am not asking for your material death. I want animality and Satanism to die in you, and they do not die as long as the flesh is satisfied and falsehood, pride, anger, arrogance, gluttony, avarice, sloth are in you. »

« We are such faulty men near You, Who are so holy! » whispers Bartholomew.

« And He has always been so holy. We know » states His cousin James.

« He knows what we are… Therefore we must not lose heart. We must just say: give us day by day strength to serve You. If we said: "We are without sin" we would be deceived and we would be deceivers. Of whom? Of ourselves who know what we are, even if we do not want to tell? Of God, Who cannot be deceived? But if we say: "We are weak and sinners. Help us with Your strength and forgiveness" God will not disappoint us and in His goodness and justice He will forgive us and cleanse us of the iniquity of our poor hearts. »

« May you be blessed, John. Because the Truth speaks through your lips which are scented with innocence and only kiss the adorable Love » says Jesus standing up, and He draws to His heart His best-loved disciple, who had spoken from his dark corner.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:02 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp 120. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « You Shall Have No Gods in My Presence. »
    NOTE: The whole earth of all souls is before Him.

28th February 1945.

« It is said: "You shall have no gods in My presence. You shall not make yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything in heaven or on the earth beneath or in the waters under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a strong and jealous God and I punish the father's faults in the sons, the grandsons, and the great-grandsons of those who hate Me, but I show kindness down to the thousandth generation of those who love Me and keep My commandments". » Jesus' voice resounds in the large room crowded with people; it is in fact raining and they have all taken shelter in it. In the first row there are four invalids, that is, a blind man led by a woman, a child covered with sores, a woman yellow with jaundice or malaria, and a man who has been carried there on a stretcher.

Jesus is speaking leaning against the empty manger. John and the two cousins, Matthew and Philip are near Him, while Judas, Peter, Bartholomew, James and Andrew are at the entrance door letting in those who arrive late. Thomas and Simon are moving amongst the people telling children to be quiet, collecting alms and listening to requests.

« "You shall have no gods in My presence".

You have heard how God is omnipresent with His eyes and His voice. Truly, we are always in His presence. Whether we are locked in a room or are amongst the crowds in the Temple, we are in His presence. If we are concealed benefactors hiding our faces also from the people we help, or murderers who attack and kill wayfarers in a lonely gorge, we are always in His presence. A king in the middle of his court, a soldier on the battlefield, a Levite inside the Temple, a wise man bent over his books, a peasant in the furrows, a merchant at his desk, a mother watching over a cradle, a bride in her nuptial room, a virgin in the secrecy of her father's dwelling, a child studying at school, an old man lying down to die, they are all in His presence. They are all in His presence and also the actions of men are in His presence.

All the actions of men! A dreadful word! And a comforting one! Dreadful if the actions are sinful, comforting if they are holy. To know that God sees us, prevents us from doing evil and encourages us to do good. God sees that I am doing the right thing. I know that He does not forget what He sees. I believe that He rewards good deeds. I am therefore certain that I shall be rewarded and I rest on that certainty. It will give me a happy life and a placid death, because both in life and in death my soul will be comforted by the bright light of God's friendship. That is the reasoning of a person who does good. But why do evil-doers not consider that idolatry is one of the forbidden things? Why do they not say: "God sees that whilst I simulate a holy cult, I worship a false god or false gods, to whom I have erected an altar unknown to men but known to God"?

Which gods, you may object, if even in the Temple there is no image of God? Which are the faces of these gods, if it was impossible for us to give a face to the true God? Yes, it is impossible to elaborate a face, because the Perfect and Most Pure One cannot be worthily represented by man. Only the spirit can catch a glimpse of the incorporeal and sublime beauty and can hear His voice and appreciate the caresses which He bestows upon a holy person worthy of such divine contact. But the sight, the hearing, the hand of man cannot see or hear, and therefore they cannot repeat with sound on a lyre, with a mallet and a chisel on marble, what the Lord is. Oh! endless happiness when you, souls of just people, will see God! The first glance will be the dawn of the blessedness which will be your companion for centuries without end. And yet what we cannot do for the true God, man does for false gods. And one erects an altar to woman; another to gold; another to power; another to science; another to military triumphs; one worships a mighty man, equal to himself by nature, but greater in arrogance or luck; another worships himself and says: "There is no one like me". Such are the gods of those who are the people of God.

Do not be astonished at the heathens who worship animals, reptiles and stars. How many reptiles, how many animals, how many dead stars you worship in your hearts! Lips utter lies to flatter, to possess, to corrupt. Are those not the prayers of secret idolaters? Hearts brood over thoughts of vengeance, of illicit trades, of prostitution. Are those not the cults devoted to the impure gods of lust, greed, wickedness?

It is said: "You shall adore nothing but your true, one, eternal God". It is said: "I am a strong jealous God".

Strong: no other strength is greater than His. Man is free to act, Satan is free to tempt. But when God says: "Enough" man can no longer do wrong, Satan can no longer tempt. The latter is driven back to his hell, the former is checked in his misuse of evil doing, to which there is a limit, beyond which God does not allow anyone to go.

Jealous. Of what? Of which jealousy? Of the petty jealousy of petty men? No. The holy jealousy of God for His children. The just, loving jealousy. He created you. He loves you. He wants you. He knows what is harmful to you. He is aware of what is capable of separating you from Him. And He is jealous of what interposes between the Father and His children and diverts them from the only love which is health and peace: God. Understand that jealousy which is not mean, is not cruel, is not restrictive of freedom. It is infinite love, infinite goodness, unlimited freedom, which gives Itself to the limited creature, to draw it to Itself and in Itself for ever, and associate it to Its infinity.

A good father does not want to enjoy his wealth by himself. But he wants his children to enjoy it with him. After all he accumulated his riches more for his children than for himself. God acts likewise but He conveys to His love and desire the perfection which is in all His actions.

Do not disappoint the Lord. He promises the guilty fathers and the children of the guilty children punishment. And God always keeps His promises. But do not be disheartened, o children of man and of God. Listen to the other promise and rejoice: "I show kindness down to the thousandth generation of those who love Me and keep My commandments". Down to the thousandth generation of good people. And to the thousandth fault of the poor children of man, who fall not out of wickedness but because of their thoughtlessness and Satan's snares. And His kindness is even greater. I tell you that He stretches His arms out towards you, if with penitent hearts and faces washed by tears you say: "Father, I have sinned. I know. I humble myself and I confess my sin to You. Forgive me. Your forgiveness will be my strength to start 'living again' the true life".

Do not be afraid. Before you committed sins out of weakness, He knew that you would sin. His Heart is closed only if you persist in your sin and want to sin, thus making of a certain sin or of many sins your gods of horror. Demolish every idol, make room for the True God. He will descend in His glory to consecrate your hearts, when He sees that He is the only one in you.

Give God's dwelling back to Him. His abode is not in the temples built with stones, but in the hearts of men. Wash its threshold, clear its interior from all useless or sinful decorations. Only God. He only. He is everything! In no way is inferior to Paradise the heart of a man in which God dwells, the heart of a man who sings his love to the divine Guest.

Of every heart make a Heaven. Start your cohabitation with the Most High. In your eternal future it will improve in power and joy. But even here it will exceed the trembling amazement of Abraham, Jacob and Moses. Because it will no longer be the dazzling, frightening meeting with the Mighty One, but the permanent life with Father and Friend Who descends to say: "It is a joy for Me to be amongst men. You make Me happy. Thank you, son". »

The crowd, over a hundred people, break the spell after some time. Some become aware that they are weeping, some that they are smiling at the same hope of joy. At last the crowd seem to awake, they seem to whisper, to sigh vigorously, and finally utter a cry as of liberation: « May You be blessed! You are opening for us the way of peace! »

Jesus smiling replies: « Peace is with you, if from now on you follow good. »

He then goes towards the invalids. He touches with His hand the child, the blind man, the woman who is completely yellow, He bends over the paralytic and says: « I want it. »
    The man looks at Him and then shouts: « There is warmth in my dead limbs! » and he stands up, as he is, until they pull a blanket from his little bed over him, and the mother lifts her child, who is no longer covered with sores, and the blind man winks at the first contact with light, and women shout: « Dina is no longer as yellow as buttercups. »
    The place is in utter confusion. Some people shout, some bless, some push to see, some try to go out and tell the village. Jesus is assailed from all directions.

Peter sees that they are almost crushing Him and he shouts: « Boys! They are suffocating the Master! Come and let us make room » and with great efforts the twelve disciples elbow their way through the crowd, kicking also a few shins, and they free the Master and take Him out. « I will see to this tomorrow » he says. « You will stay at the door and the others at the other end of the room. Have they hurt You? »

« No. »

« They seemed to have gone mad. What manners! »

« Leave them. They were happy… and so was I. Go to those who want to be baptised. I am going to the house. Judas, you and Simon will give alms to the poor. Give them everything. We have much more than is fair for the apostles of the Lord. Peter, go. Do not be afraid of doing too much. I will justify you with the Father, because I am ordering you to do it. Goodbye, friends. »

And Jesus, tired and wet with perspiration, goes into the house, while each of the disciples does his duty among the pilgrims.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:03 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp 121. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « You Shall Not Take My Name in Vain. »

1st March 1945.

All the disciples are in utter confusion. They are so restless that they look like a beehive which has been upset. They speak and cast sidelong glances outside in all directions… Jesus is not there. At last they make up their minds about what is worrying them and Peter says to John: « Go and look for the Master. He is in the wood near the river. Tell Him to come at once or to let us know what we are to do. » John runs away.

The Iscariot says: « I don't understand the reason for so much excitement and unkindness. I would have gone and welcomed him with full honours… His visit is an honour for us. So… »

« I don't know. He may be different from his foster brother.. But… who lives with hyenas catches their smell and instinct. In any case, you would like to send that woman away… But mind what you do! The Master does not want, and I have to protect her. If you touch her… I am not the Master… Just for your information. »

« Oh! Who is she after all?! Perhaps the beautiful Herodias? »

« Don't be facetious. »

« Don't blame me. You have kept a royal watch over her, like a queen… »

« The Master said to me: "Make sure she is not disturbed and respect her". And that is what I am doing. »

« But who is she? Do you know? » asks Thomas.

« I don't. »

« Come on, tell us… You know… » insist many of them.

« I swear that I know nothing. The Master certainly knows. But I don't. »

« We must get John to ask Him. He tells him everything. »

« Why? What is special about John? Is your brother a god? »

« No, Judas. He is the best of us all. »

« You can save yourselves the trouble » says James of Alphaeus. « My brother saw her yesterday, when he was coming back from the river with the fish Andrew had given him, and he asked Jesus. And He replied: "She has no face. She is a soul seeking God. She is nothing else for Me and I want her to be so for every body ". And He said "I want" in such a way, that I would advise you not to insist. »

« I will go to her » says Judas Iscariot.

« Just try, if you camp » says Peter, flushing like a cockerel.

« Are you going to play the spy and inform Jesus? »

« I leave that profession to those of the Temple. We, people of the lake, earn our bread working, not informing. Never be afraid of an accusation from Simon of Jonas. But don't provoke me and don't take the liberty of disobeying the Master, because I am here… »

« And who are you? A poor man like me. »

« Yes. Nay I am poorer, rougher, and more ignorant than you are. I know, but it does not worry me. I would worry if I were like you as far as my heart is concerned. But the Master gave me that task and I am fulfilling it. »

« Like me with regard to your heart? What is there in my heart that is so disgusting? Speak, accuse me, offend me… »

« For heaven's sake, stop it » burst out the Zealot and Bartholomew. « Stop it, Judas. Respect Peter's grey hair. »

« I respect everybody, but I want to know what there is in me… »

« I will serve you at once… Let me speak… There is pride, enough to fill this kitchen, there is falsehood and lust. »

« Me false? »

They all cut in and Judas is compelled to be quiet.

Simon says quietly to Peter: « Excuse me, my friend, if I say something to you. He has his faults, but you have some, too. And one is that you do not bear with young people. Why don't you take into account their age, their birth… many things? See, you are acting for Jesus' sake. But don't you realise that such arguments are tiring Him? I am not asking him (and he points at Judas) but I am begging you, a mature and honest man. He has so much trouble because of His enemies. Why should we increase His afflictions? There is so much hostility around Him. Why should we give rise to it also in His own nest? »

« It is true. Jesus is very sad and He has also lost weight » says Judas Thaddeus. « At night I can hear Him tossing and turning in His bed, and sighing. Some nights ago I got up and I saw Him crying while praying. I asked Him: "What is the matter?" And He embraced me and said: "Be friendly to Me. How toilsome it is to be the 'Redeemer'!" »

« I also met Him in the wood near the river after He had evidently wept » says Philip. « And at my inquisitive glance He replied: "Do you know what makes Heaven different from the earth, apart from the difference of the lack of God's visible presence? It is the lack of love amongst men. It chokes Me like a halter. I have come here to scatter seeds for the little birds and be loved by creatures that love one another". »

Judas Iscariot (he must be somewhat deranged) throws himself on the ground and cries like a boy.

At that moment Jesus comes in with John: « What is the matter? Why cry?… »

« It's my fault, Master. I made a mistake. I reproached Judas too harshly » says Peter frankly.

« No I… I am to be blamed. I am causing You trouble I am not good I disturb, I make people cross, I disobey, I am Peter is right. But help me to be good! Because I have something here, in my heart, that makes me do things that I would not like to do. It is stronger than I am… and I cause trouble to You, Master, to Whom I would like to give only joy… Believe me! It is true… »

« Of course, Judas. I have no doubt. You have come to Me with a sincere heart, with true enthusiasm. But you are young… Nobody knows you, you do not know yourself as well as I do. Get up and come here. Later we will speak all by ourselves. In the meantime let us speak of the matter for which you all sent for Me. What harm is there if also Manaen has come? Can a relative of Herod not thirst for the true God? Are you afraid for Me? No, do not be afraid. Have faith in My word. That man has come for an honest purpose. »

« Why did he not make himself known then? » ask the disciples.

« Exactly because he comes as a 'soul' and not as Herod's fosterbrother. He has kept silence because he thinks that the relationship with a king is nothing before the word of God… We shall respect his silence. »

« But if, instead, he has been sent by him?… »

« By whom? By Herod? No. Do not be afraid. »

« Who sends him then? How does he know about You? »

« Through my cousin John. Do you think that when in jail he did not speak of Me? Through Chuza… through the voice of the crowds… through the very hatred of the Pharisees… Also the leaves of trees and the air speak of Me, now. A stone has been thrown into the still water and a stick has struck the bronze. The waves are spreading out wider and wider conveying the revelation to far away waters and the sound entrusts it to space… The earth has learned to say: "Jesus" and will never stop mentioning it. Go and be kind to him as you are to anybody else. Go. I am staying here with Judas. »

The disciples go out.

Jesus looks at Judas who is still weeping and asks him: « Well? Have you nothing to tell Me? I know everything about you. But I want to hear it from you. Why are you weeping? And above all, why this derangement whereby you are always so dissatisfied? »

« Yes, Master! You have said it. I am jealous by nature. You certainly know. And I suffer seeing… seeing so many things. It makes me restless and… unfair. And I become bad whereas I would not like to… »

« Do not start weeping again! Of what are you jealous? Get accustomed to speaking with your true soul. You speak a lot, even too much. But how? With your instinct and your mind. You follow a difficult and twisted route to say what you want to say: I am talking of you, of your ego, because with regard to what you have to say of other people or to other people, you show no restraint or limitation. Neither do you show restraint or limitation to your flesh. It is your mad horse. You are like a charioteer to whom the race manager has given two mad horses. One is your sensuality, the other… shall I tell you what the other one is? Shall I? It is the error that you do not want to tame. You are a capable but reckless charioteer, you rely on your capability and you think it is enough. You want to be first… you do not want to waste time in changing at least one horse. On the contrary you spur them and flog them. You want to be "the winner". You are anxious to be applauded… Do you not realise that victory is certain when it is conquered by constant, patient and prudent work? Speak to your soul. I want your confession to originate from there. Or have I to tell you what there is within you? »

« I find that You are not fair or constant either, and I suffer because of that. »

« Why do you accuse Me? In what have I failed in your eyes? »

« When I wanted to take You to my friends, You refused saying: "I prefer to be with humble people". Then Simon and Lazarus told You that it was better to seek the protection of some mighty person and You agreed. You are partial to Peter, Simon, John… You… »

« What else? »

« Nothing else, Jesus. »

« Nonsense!… Bubbles on the foam of the waves. I feel sorry for you, because you are a poor wretch torturing yourself, whilst you could be rejoicing. Can you say that this place is luxurious? Can you deny that there was an urgent reason that compelled Me to accept it? If Zion were not such a harsh stepmother to its prophets, would I be here, hiding like one who is afraid of human justice and takes shelter in a sanctuary? »

« No. »

« Well, then? Can you say that I did not entrust you with missions as I did with the others? Can you say that I have been severe with you when you were wrong? You have not been sincere… The vineyards!… Oh! Your vineyards! What were the names of those vineyards? You were not sympathetic to those who were suffering or were redeeming themselves. You were not even respectful to Me. And the others noticed it… And yet only one voice always defended you: Mine. The others would be entitled to be jealous, because if there was one who was protected, that one was you. »

Judas weeps downhearted and moved.

« I am going. This is the hour when I belong to everybody. You stay here and meditate. » I

« Forgive me, Master. I will have no peace until You have forgiven me. Don't be sad because of me. I am a bad boy… I love and I torture… With my mother… and with You. And I would do the same with my wife if I should get married… It would be better if I died!… »

« It would be better if you mended your ways. But you are forgiven. Goodbye. » Jesus goes out and closes the door.

Peter is outside: « Come, Master. It is already late. And there is a -lot of people. It will soon be dark. And you have not had any food… That boy is the cause of everything. »

« That "boy" needs you all so that he will no longer be the cause of all these things. Try and remember that, Peter. If he were your son, would you pity him?… »

« H'm! I might and I might not. I would pity him… but… although he is a grown up man, I would teach him something, as if he were a naughty boy. If he were my son, he would not be like that… »

« That is enough. »

« Yes, it's enough, my Lord. There is Manaen. The one whose mantle is so dark red that it seems black. He gave me this for the poor and he asked me if he can stay and sleep here. »

« What did you tell him?. »

« The truth: "We have only beds for ourselves. Go to the village". »
    Jesus does not say anything. But he leaves Peter in the lurch and goes towards John, to whom He says something.

He then goes to His place and starts speaking.

« Peace be to you all and may light and holiness come to you with peace. It is said: "You shall not take My Name in vain".

When does one take it in vain? Only when one curses it? No. Also when one utters it without making oneself worthy of God. Can a son say: "I love and honour my father" if he does the very opposite to what his father wants from him? One does not love his father by saying: "father, father". One does not love God, by saying: "God, God".

In Israel where, as I explained to you the day before yesterday, there are so many idols in the secrecy of hearts, there is also a hypocritical praise to God, to which the deeds of the praisers do not correspond. There is also a trend in Israel: they find so many sins in exterior things and do not want to find them where they really are, in interior things. In Israel there is also a silly pride, an anti-human and anti-spiritual habit: the Name of our God uttered by pagan lips is considered swearing and the Gentiles are forbidden to go near the true God, because that is considered a sacrilege.

That was the situation so far. But it is no longer so…

The God of Israel is the same God Who created all men. Why prevent creatures from feeling the attraction of their Creator? Do you think that heathens do not feel something in the bottom of their hearts, something unsatisfied, that shouts, stirs, seeks? Whom? What? The unknown God. And do you think that if a pagan moves towards the altar of the unknown God, to the incorporeal altar which is the soul in which there is always the remembrance of its Creator, the soul which expects to be possessed by the glory of God, like the Tabernacle erected by Moses according to the order given to him, the soul that weeps until such possession does not take place, do you think that God will reject the pagan's offer as one rejects a profanation? And do you consider a sin the action caused by the honest desire of a soul that aroused by celestial summons says: "I am coming" to God Who says to it: "Come", whilst you consider holiness the corrupted cult of an Israelite who offers to the Temple what is left over from his pleasures, and goes into the presence of God and mentions the name of the Most Pure One, with body and soul polluted by countless foul sins?

No. I solemnly tell you that the perfect sacrilege is committed by the Israelite who with his impure soul takes the Name of the Lord in vain. His Name is taken in vain, when you are aware, and you are not fools, that you pronounce it in vain because of the state of your souls. Oh! I see the indignant face of God which disgusted turns elsewhere when a hypocrite calls Him or an unrepentant soul mentions Him! And I am terrified although I do not deserve the divine wrath.

I read in many of your hearts this thought: "Well, with the exception of children, no one can mention God's name, because in all men there is impurity and sin". No. Do not say that. That Name is to be invoked by sinners. It is to be invoked by those who feel they are choked by Satan and want to free themselves from sin and from the Seducer.

It is said in Genesis that the Serpent tempted Eve when the Lord was not walking in Eden. If God had been in Eden, Satan could not have been there. If Eve had invoked God, Satan would have fled. Always have that thought in your hearts. And call the Lord with sincerity. That Name is salvation. Many of you wish to descend into the river to be purified. Purify your hearts, unceasingly, writing upon them, by means of love, the word: God. No false prayers. No habitual practices. But say that Name: God, with your hearts, your thoughts, your deeds, with your whole selves. Repeat it that you may not be alone. Repeat it to be supported. Repeat it to be forgiven.

Understand the meaning of the word of the God of Sinai: the name of God is taken "in vain" when saying "God" does not imply a change for the better. Then it is a sin. It is not taken "in vain", when, like the beating of your hearts, every minute of your day, every honest deed, need, temptation, sorrow bring to your lips the filial word of love: "Come, my God!" Then, truly, you do not sin mentioning the holy Name of God.

Go. Peace be with you. »

There are no sick people. Jesus remains under the shed, where the shades of evening are falling, leaning against the wall, with folded arms. He is watching those who are going away riding their little donkeys, or are hurrying towards the river to be purified or are going to their villages across the fields.

The man wearing the very dark red mantle seems uncertain as to what to do. Jesus is watching him. The man eventually moves and goes towards his horse; he has, in fact, a beautiful white horse adorned with a red caparison dangling under the studded saddle.

« Man, wait for Me » says Jesus and He goes towards him. « It is getting dark. Have you a place where to sleep? Have you come from far? Are you alone? »

The man replies: « From very far… and I will go… I don't know…To the village, if I find… if not… to Jericho. I left my escort there, as I did not trust them. »

« No. I offer you My bed. It is already made. Have you any food?, »

« No, I have none. I was expecting to find a more hospitable place… »

« It lacks nothing. »

« Nothing. Not even hatred for Herod. Do You know who I am? »

« There is only one name for those who look for Me: brothers in the Name of God. Come. We will share our bread. You can put Your horse in that large room. I will sleep there and I will watch it for You… »

« No. I will never allow that. I will sleep there. I accept Your bread but nothing more. I will not put my unclean body where You rest Your holy one. »

« Do you think that I am holy? »

« I know You are holy. John, Chuza… Your deeds… Your words… The royal palace is resounding with them like a shell murmuring the noise of the sea. I used to go to John… then I lost him. But he had said to me: "One Who is greater than I am will take you and raise you". It could be but You. I came when I found out where You were. »

They are by themselves under the shed. The disciples are speaking in low voices near the kitchen and are casting sidelong glances at them.

The Zealot, who was the baptizer today, comes back from the river with the people who have been baptised last. Jesus blesses them and then says to Simon: « This man is the pilgrim who is seeking shelter in the name of God. And in the name of God we greet him as a friend. »

Simon bows and the man does likewise. They go into the large room and Manaen ties his horse to the manger. John, beckoned by Jesus, rushes in with some grass and a pail of water. Also Peter comes in with a small oil lamp, because it is already dark.

« This will do very nicely. May God reward you » says the gentleman and then between Jesus and Simon he enters the kitchen where a bundle of brushwood, which has just been lit, gives light.

It all ends.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:08 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp 122. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « Honour Your Father and Your Mother. »

3rd March 1945.

Jesus is walking slowly up and down the bank of the river. It is very early in the morning, because the fog of a dreary winter day is still lying amongst the reeds along the river banks. There is nobody, as far as the eye can see, on either bank of the Jordan. There is only the low mist, the babbling of water against the reeds, the murmuring of the river, the water of which is rather muddy because of the rain of the previous days, the short, sad calls of a few birds, as they are wont when the love-season is over and birds pine away because of the season and of scarsity of food.

Jesus listens to them and He seems to be very interested in the call of a little bird, which with clock precision turns its little head northwards and chirps plaintively, then it turns its head southwards and repeats its inquiring chirp without any reply. At last the little bird seems to have received a reply from the other bank and it flies away, across the river, with a little cry of joy. Jesus makes a gesture as if to say: « Good! » and resumes walking.

« Am I disturbing You, Master? » asks John, who has come from the meadows.

« No. What do you want? »

« I wanted to tell You… I think it is a bit of information which may give You relief and I have come at once, also to seek Your advice. I was sweeping our large rooms when Judas Iscariot came in. He said to me: "I will help you". I was amazed because he is never anxious to do such humble things even when he is told… but all I said was: "Oh! Thank you! I will be quicker and we will do a better job". He began to sweep and we finished very quickly. He then said: "Let us go into the wood. It is always the older ones who bring in the wood. It is not fair. Let us go. I am not very good at it. But if you teach me… " And we went. And while I was there tying the faggots, he said to me: "John, I want to tell you something". "Yes, do" I said. And I thought it might be a bit of criticism. Instead he said: "You and I are the youngest. We ought to be more united. You are almost afraid of me, and you are quite right, because I am not good. But believe me… I do not do it deliberately. Sometimes I feel the need of being bad. Perhaps, as I was the only son, I have been spoiled. And I would like to become good. The older ones, I know, are not very fond of me. Jesus' cousins are annoyed because… well, I have not behaved well with them and also with their cousin. But you are good and patient. Be good to me. Imagine that I am your brother, a bad brother, whom you must love, even if he is bad. Also the Master says that we must behave like that. When you see that I am not doing exactly the right thing, tell me. And then don't leave me always alone. When I go to the village, come with me. You will help me not to do wrong. Yesterday I suffered very much. Jesus spoke to me and I looked at Him. In my silly grudge I did not look at myself or at others. Yesterday I looked and I saw… They are quite right in saying that Jesus is suffering… and I feel that it is also my fault. I no longer want to be the cause of His pain. Come with me. Will you come? Will you help me to become better?" That is what he said, and, I confess it, my heart was beating like the little heart of a sparrow caught by a boy. It was throbbing out of joy because I will be happy if he becomes good, and I am happy also for Your sake, and my heart was beating also out of fear, because… I would not like to become like Judas. Then I remembered what You told me the day You accepted Judas, and I replied: "Yes, I will help you. But I must obey if I receive different orders… " I thought, I will now tell the Master, and if He agrees, I will go with him, if He does not agree, I will ask Him to order me not to leave the house. »

« Listen, John. I will let you go. But you must promise Me that if you feel that anything is upsetting you, you will come and tell Me. You have given Me a great joy, John. Here is Peter with his fish. Go, John. »

Jesus addresses Peter: « A good catch? »

« H'm. Not really. Very small fish… But everything helps. James is grumbling because an animal gnawed at the rope and he lost his net. I said to him: "Was it not entitled to eat, too? You should feel pity for the poor animal". But James does not see it that way… » says Peter laughing.

« Exactly what I say of one who is a brother of yours. And what you are not capable of doing. »

« Are You talking of Judas? »

« Yes, I am. And he suffers for it. His intentions are good but his tendencies are perverse. But tell Me something, My experienced fisherman. If I wanted to go on a boat on the Jordan and reach the lake of Gennesaret, what should I do? Would I succeed? »

« Eh! It would be hard work! But you would succeed with small flat boats… A laborious task, You know. And a long one! It would be necessary to measure the depth continuously, to watch the banks, the shoals, the little floating woods, the current. A sail is of no use in such cases, on the contrary… But do You want to go back to the lake following the river? Don't forget that it is hard work to go against the stream. You need many people, otherwise… »

« You are quite right. When a man is vicious, he must go against the stream to go back to the straight and narrow path and he cannot succeed by himself. Judas is exactly one of them. And you are not helping him. The poor fellow is going along all by himself, he knocks against the bottom, he runs into shoals, he gets entangled in the little floating woods, and is caught in the maelstroms. On the other hand, if he is measuring the depth, he cannot hold the rudder at the same time or use the oars. Why then should he be reproached if he does not proceed? You feel sorry for strangers, but not for him, although he is your companion. That is not fair. See over there, he and John are going to the village to get bread and vegetables. He asked, as a favour, not to go alone. And he asked John, because he is not a fool, and he knows what you older ones think of him. »

« And You have sent him? Supposing also John should get spoiled? »

« Who? My brother? Why should he get spoiled? » asks James who has just arrived with his net, which he has recovered in a bed of reeds.

« Because Judas is going with him. »

« Since when? »

« As from today, and I have allowed him to go. »

« Well, if You allow him… »

« And I advise you all to do the same. He is left by himself too much. Do not be only judges for him. He is not any worse than many. But he has been more spoiled, since his childhood. »

« Yes, it must be so. If his father had been Zebedee and his mother Salome, he would not be like that. My parents are good. But they do not forget that they have rights and duties over their children. »

« What you said is true. I will speak of that today. Let us go now. I see that the crowds are already moving across the meadows. »

« I don't know what we will have to do to live. There is no longer time to eat, to pray, to rest… and the crowd is getting larger and larger » says Peter, half amazed and half annoyed.

« Do you mind? It is a sign that there are still people seeking God. »

« Yes, Master. But You suffer because of it. Yesterday You were also left without any food and last night You had only Your mantle to cover Yourself. If Your Mother knew! »

« She would bless God Who brings so many believers to Me. »

« And She would reproach me whom She begged to look after You » concludes Peter.
    Philip and Bartholomew are coming down towards them gesticulating. They see Jesus, they quicken their pace and say: « Oh! Master! What shall we do? There is a real pilgrimage: invalids, people weeping and poor people without any means, who have come from far away. »

« We shall buy some bread. The rich people give alms. All we have to do is to make use of them. »

« The days are short. The shed is crowded with people camping there. The nights are damp and cold. »

« You are right, Philip. We shall squeeze into one of the big rooms. It can be done, and we will arrange the other two rooms for those who cannot reach their homes before night. »

« I see! Before long we will have to ask our guests permission to change our clothes. They will be so intrusive that they will compel us to run away » grumbles Peter.

« You will see quite different flights, My dear Peter! What is the matter with that woman? » They are now on the threshing floor and Jesus sees a woman who is weeping.

« Who knows! She was here also yesterday and also yesterday she was weeping. When You were speaking to Manaen she moved to come and meet You, then she went away. She must live in the village or nearby, because she has come back. She does not look ill… »

« Peace be with you, woman » says Jesus passing near her.
    And she replies in a low voice: « And with You. » Nothing else.
    There must be at least three hundred people. Under the shed there are lame, blind, dumb people, a man shuddering from head to foot, a young man obviously hydrocephalous, whose hand is held by a man. He does nothing but howl, slaver and shake his huge idiotic looking head.

« Is he perhaps that woman's son? » asks Jesus.

« I don't know. Simon looks after the pilgrims and he will know. »
    They call the Zealot and ask him. But the man is not with the woman. She is by herself. « She does nothing but weep and pray. A short while ago she asked me: "Does the Master cure also the hearts of people?" » explains the Zealot.

« Perhaps her husband is unfaithful to her » remarks Peter.
    While Jesus goes towards the sick people, Bartholomew and Matthew go to the river with many pilgrims for the purification rite.

The woman weeps in her corner and does not stir.

Jesus does not deny a miracle to anybody. Beautiful is the cure of the dull-witted boy into whom Jesus breathes intelligence, holding his huge head between His long hands. They all gather round Him. Also the veiled woman, perhaps because there is a large crowd, dares to draw close and she stands near the weeping woman. Jesus says to the idiot: « I want the light of intelligence to be in you to make way to the light of God. Listen: say with Me: "Jesus". Say it. I want it. »

The dull-witted young man, who before could only howl like an animal, mumbles with difficulty: « Jesus », or rather: « Jejus. »

« Once again » orders Jesus still holding the deformed head between His hands and dominating him with His eyes.

« Jes-us. »

« Again. »

« Jesus! » says at last the poor idiot, whose eyes are no longer expressionless and whose lips now smile in a different way.

« Man » says Jesus to his father. « You had faith! Your son is cured. Question him. The Name of Jesus is miraculous against diseases and passions. »
    The man asks his son: « Who am I? »

And the boy: «My father. »
    The man presses his son to his heart and states: « He was born like that. My wife died in childbirth and he had an obstruction in his brain and his speech. Now you see. Yes, I had faith. I come from Joppa. What must I do for You, Master? »

« Be good. And Your son, too. Nothing else. »

« And love You. Oh! Let us go and tell your grandmother. She convinced me to come. May she be blessed! »

The two go away happy. The only sign of the past misfortune is the huge head of the boy. His expression and speech are normal.

« But, was he cured by Your will or by the power of Your Name? » ask many.

« By the will of the Father, Who is always benign to His Son. But also My Name is salvation. You know: Jesus means Saviour. There is a salvation of the soul and a salvation of the body. Who pronounces the Name of Jesus with true faith is freed from disease and sin, because in every spiritual or physical disease there is the claw of Satan who creates physical diseases to drive people to rebellion and desperation through the pains of the flesh, and he creates moral or spiritual diseases to lead souls to damnation. »

« So, according to You, Beelzebub is not alien to all the afflictions of mankind. »

« No, he is not. Through him disease and death entered the world. And crime and corruption also entered the world through him. When you see anyone tortured by misfortune, you can be sure that he suffers on account of Satan. When you see one who is the cause of misfortune, you may conclude that he is an instrument of Satan. »

« But illness comes from God. »

« Illness is a disorder in the order. Because God created man wholesome and perfect. The disorder caused by Satan in the order given by God, has brought with it the illness of the flesh and its consequences, that is, death or sorrowful heredity. Man inherited from Adam and Eve the original sin. But not only that. And the stain has expanded wider and wider embracing the three branches of man: the flesh more and more vicious and consequently weak and diseased, the morals prouder and prouder and thus corrupted, the spirit more and more sceptical and thus more and more idolatrous. That is why it is necessary, as I did with the poor halfwit, to teach the Name that puts Satan to flight, engraving It on minds and hearts, placing It on one's ego as a seal of ownership. »

« But do You possess us? Who are You, that You think so much of Yourself? »

« I wish it were so! But it is not. If I possessed you, you would be already saved. And it would be My right. Because I am the Saviour and I should have people who have been saved. But I will save  those who have faith in Me. »

« John… I come from John, he said to me: "Go to Him Who is preaching and baptising near Ephraim and Jericho. He has the power to forgive and to retain whilst I can only say to You: do penance to make your soul agile in following salvation" » says one who had been cured miraculously and before was going on crutches whereas now he moves about quickly.

« Does the Baptist not suffer through losing followers? » asks one.
    And the one who had spoken before replies: « Suffer? He says to everybody: "Go! Go! I am the star that is setting. He is the Star that is rising and is fixed eternally in its brightness. If you do not want to be left in darkness, go to Him before my wick goes out". »

« The Pharisees don't say that! They are full of bitter hatred because You draw the crowds to You. Did You know? »

« I know » replies Jesus briefly.
    They start a dispute on the rights and wrongs of the behaviour of the Pharisees. But Jesus cuts it short saying: « Do not criticise » so sharply that no reply is possible.
    Bartholomew and Matthew come with those who have been baptised.
    Jesus starts speaking.

« Peace be to you all.

Since you come here in the morning and it is more comfortable for you to leave half way through the day, I have decided to speak to you of God in the morning. I have also thought of giving hospitality to the pilgrims who cannot go back to their homes before night. I am a pilgrim Myself and I possess the bare necessaries given to Me by a compassionate friend. John has even less than I have. But wholesome people, or not seriously ill, go to John, such as cripples, blind or dumb people. But not dying people or affected by high temperature as they come to Me. They go to him for a baptism of penance. You come to Me also to be cured in your bodies. The Law says: "Love your neighbour as you love yourself". I think and say: how would I be showing love to My brothers, if I closed My heart to their needs, also to their physical needs? And I conclude: I will give them what I was given. Holding out My hand to rich people, I will ask for bread for the poor, depriving Myself of My bed I will receive in it who is tired and suffering.

We are all brothers. And you do not give proof of your love by means of words but by deeds. Who closes his heart to his fellowman, has a heart like Cain. Who has no love, is a rebel against the command of God. We are all brothers. And yet I see, and you also see, that there is hatred and disagreement within a family, where the same blood and flesh corroborate the brotherhood which comes to us from Adam. Brothers are against brothers, children against their parents, and parents are hostile to each other.

But in order not to be always wicked brothers, and in future adulterous husband and wife, it is necessary to learn from an early age to respect the family, which is the smallest and the greatest organization in the world. The smallest as compared to the organization of a town, of a region, of a country, of a continent. But the greatest because it is the oldest; because it was established by God, when the concept of fatherland, of country did not yet exist, but the family nucleus was already alive and active, a source to race and races, a small kingdom in which man is king, woman queen and the children subjects. Can a kingdom last if it is divided and there is enmity among its inhabitants? It cannot. And truly a family will not last if it lacks obedience, respect, economy, good will, activity, love.

"Honour your father and mother" says the Decalogue. How are they to be honoured? Why are they to be honoured?

They are honoured by true obedience, by correct love, by loving respect, by a reverential fear that does not bar confidence, but at the same time does not make us treat our elders as if we were servants and underlings. They are to be honoured because after God, a father and mother are the donors of life and of all the material necessities of life, they are the first teachers and the first friends of the young being born on the earth.

We say: "May God bless you" or "Thank you" when someone picks up for us something we have dropped or gives us a piece of bread. Shall we not say, with love: "May God bless you" or "Thank you" to those who break their backs working in order to feed us, weaving our clothes and keeping them clean, who rise from their beds to watch our sleep, who deprive themselves of their rest to cure us, and make a bed for us of their laps, when we are most tired and sorrowful?

They are our teachers. A teacher is feared and respected. But a teacher takes us when we already know what is indispensable to support and feed ourselves and say the essential things, and he leaves us when we are still to be taught the most difficult lesson in life, that is, "to live". It is our father and mother who prepare us for school first, and then for life.

They are our friends. But which friend can be more friendly than a father? And which more friendly than a mother? Can you be terrified of them? Can you say: "I have been betrayed by him or by her"? And yet there is the foolish boy or the even more foolish girl, who make friends with strangers and close their hearts to their father and mother and they spoil their minds and hearts with unwise if not guilty friendships, which are the cause of paternal and maternal tears, that like drops of molten lead bum their parents' hearts. Those tears, however, I tell you, do not fall on the dust or into oblivion. God picks them up and counts them. The anguish of a downtrodden parent will receive a prize from the Lord. But the behaviour of a son who tortures his parents will not be forgotten either, even if the father and mother, in their sorrowful love, implore from God mercy on their guilty son.

It is said: "Honour your father and mother, if you want to have a long life on the earth". And I add: "And for ever in Heaven". A short life here would be too light a punishment for those who wrong their parents! Life to come is not an idle story, and in life to come there will be a prize or a punishment according to how we lived. Who wrongs a parent, offends God, because He orders us to love our parents, and who does not love them, commits a sin. Thus, rather than his material life, he loses the true life of which I spoke to you, and goes to his death, nay he is already dead, because his soul is deprived of the grace of God, he is already a criminal because he offends the most holy love after the love for God, he has in himself the germ of future adulteries, because from a bad son he will become an unfaithful husband, he already possesses the incentive of social depravation, because from a bad son originates the future thief, the fierce violent killer, the cold blooded usurer, the cynical hedonist, the disgusting betrayer of his fatherland, of his friends, of his children, of his wife, of everybody.. Can you hold in high esteem and trust a man who has been capable of betraying the love of a mother and mocking at the grey hair of a father?

But listen a little further: to the duty of children corresponds a similar duty of parents. Cursed be the guilty son! But cursed be also the guilty parent. Do not cause your children to criticise you and imitate you in doing wrong. Get them to love you on account of the love you give them with justice and mercy. God is Mercy. Let parents, who are second only to God, be mercy. Be an example and consolation to your children. Be their peace and guide. Be the first love of your children. A mother is always the first image of the bride we would like to have. A father is for his young daughters the image of the husband they dream of. Behave in such a way that your sons and daughters may wisely choose their wives and husbands, thinking of their father and mother and seeking in their partners the sincere virtues of their parents.

If I were to speak until I treated the whole subject fully, a whole day and night would not suffice. So, for your sake, I will curtail My speech. May the Eternal Spirit tell you the rest. I spread the seed and move on. But in good people the seed will take root and bear fruit. Go. Peace be with you. »

Those who have to leave, go away quickly. Those who are staying, go into the third big room and eat their bread or the bread given to them by the disciples in the name of God. Boards and straw have been placed on rustic trestles so that the pilgrims can sleep there.

The veiled woman walks away with quick steps, the other one who was crying before and cried all the time that Jesus spoke, roams about, undecided as to what to do, then makes up her mind and goes away.

Jesus goes into the kitchen to take His food. But He has just started eating when they knock at the door.

Andrew, who is the nearest to it, gets up and goes out into the yard. He speaks and then comes back in: « Master, a woman, the one who was weeping, wants You. She says that she has to go away and must speak to You. »

« If we go on like this, when and how is the Master going to get some food? » exclaims Peter.

« You should have told her to come later » says Philip.

« Be quiet. I will eat after. Go on eating. »

Jesus goes out. The woman is out there.

« Master… one word… You said… Oh! Come behind the house! It's painful to tell my sorrow! »
    Jesus pleases her without saying anything. Only when He is behind the house He asks: « What do you want from Me? »

« Master… I heard You before, when You were speaking amongst us… and then I heard You when You were preaching. You seem to have spoken just for me. You said that in every physical or moral disease there is Satan… I have a son whose heart is ill. I wish he heard You when You were speaking of parents! He is my torture. Bad companions have lead him astray and he is exactly as You said… a thief… at home for the time being, but… He is quarrelsome, overbearing… Young as he is, he is ruining himself through lust and orgies. My husband wants to throw him out. I… I am his mother and I am dying broken-hearted. See how my breast is panting. It's my heart that is broken because of the pain. I have been wishing to speak to You as from yesterday because… I hope in You, my God. But I did not dare to speak. It is so painful for a mother having to say: "I have a cruel son"! » The woman is weeping, bent and grieved, in front of Jesus.

« Do not weep any more. He will be cured of his illness. »

« Yes, he would, if he could hear You. But he does not want to hear You. Oh! he will never be cured! »

« Have you faith in Me for him? Do you want in his place? »

« Why ask me? I have come from High Perea to beg You on his behalf… »

« Then go. When you reach your home, your son will come to meet you and will be repentant. »

« But how? »

« How? Do you think that God cannot do what I ask for? Your son is there. I am here. But God is everywhere. I say to God: "Father, have mercy on this mother". And the call of God will resound like thunder in your son's heart. Go, woman. One day I will pass through the villages of your country and you, a proud mother of your son, will come with him to meet Me. And when he will cry on your knees, asking you to forgive him and will tell you of the mysterious struggle from which he emerged with a new soul and will ask you how it happened, say to him: "It is through Jesus that you have returned to an honest life". Speak to him of Me. If you came to Me, it means that you know. Let him know and make him think of Me that he may have the strength of salvation. Goodbye. Peace to the mother who had faith, to the returning son, to the happy father, to the united family. Go! »

The woman goes toward the village and it all ends.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:09 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp 123. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « You Shall Not Fornicate. »

4th March 1945.

Jesus says to me:

« Be patient, My dear soul, with regard to the double work. This is a period of endurance. You know how tired I was in My last days?! You see it. When walking I lean on John, on Peter, on Simon, also on Judas… Yes. And although miracles emanated from Me, even by simple contact with My clothes, I was not able to change that heart! Let Me lean on you, little John, to repeat the words which I spoke in the last days to those stubborn dull minded people who heard the announcement of My torture without being affected by it. And let the Master preach for hours in the sad plain of the Clear Water. And I shall bless you twice: for your fatigue and for your pity. I count your efforts, I gather your tears. For your efforts on behalf of your brothers you will be rewarded as those who wear themselves out to make God known to men. The tears shed for My suffering during the last week will be rewarded with Jesus' kiss. Write and may you be blessed. »

Jesus is standing on a kind of platform made with boards in one of the large rooms, the last one, and is speaking in a very loud voice, near the door, so that He may be heard by those in the room and also by those in the shed or on the threshing floor, which is flooded by the rain. The people standing there in their large dark coarse mantles, which are proof against water, look like so many lay brothers. The weakest people are in the room, the women under the shed, the strongest, mainly men, are in the yard, in the rain.

Peter, barefooted and wearing only his short tunic and with a piece of cloth on his head, comes and goes, and is always in a good humour even if he has to paddle in water and take unexpected showers. John, Andrew and James are with him. They are cautiously transferring from the other room sick people and are guiding or supporting blind or lame people.

Jesus is patiently waiting for them all to be settled. He is only sorry that the four disciples are wet like sponges dipped into a pail of water.

« It is nothing! We are like pitched wood. Don't worry. We are getting baptised again and the baptiser is God Himself » replies Peter to Jesus' commiserations.

At last they are all settled and Peter thinks he can go and put on a dry tunic. And he goes away with the other three. But when he comes back again to the Master, he sees the large grey mantle of the veiled woman appear round the corner of the shed and he goes towards her without considering that to do so he must cross the yard diagonally in a heavy shower of rain which is getting heavier and heavier, while the water of the pools splashes up to his knees. He takes her by the elbow, without displacing her mantle, and pulls her towards the wall of the large room, out of the rain. He then places himself beside her, as stem and still as a sentry.

Jesus sees him and He smiles bending His head to conceal the brightness of His smile. He starts speaking.

« Those amongst you, who have been coming to Me regularly, must not say that I do not speak orderly, and that I skip some of the ten commandments. You hear. I see. You listen. I apply My speech to the pains and the sores that I see in you. I am the Doctor. A doctor calls first on those who are more seriously ill, on those who are closer to death. He then visits those who are not so dangerously ill. I do the same.

Today I say to you: "Do not fornicate".

Do not look round endeavouring to read the word "lustful" on somebody's face. Love one another. Would you love anyone who read that word on your face? No, you would not. Well, then, do not try to read it in the worried eyes of your neighbour or on his forehead that blushes and bows to the ground. And then… Oh! tell Me, especially you men. Which of you has not tasted this bread made with ashes and excrement, which is sexual satisfaction? And is lust only what carries you for one hour between the arms of a prostitute? Is lust not also the desecrated union with your wife, desecrated because it is ratified vice as it is reciprocal,'sensual satisfaction,' which, however, evades its consequences?

Marriage means procreation and its act means and must be fecundation. Otherwise it is immoral. You must not make a brothel of your nuptial beds. And that is what they become if they are soiled by lust and are not consecrated by maternity. The earth does not reject the seed. It receives it and makes a plant of it. The seed does not escape from the furrow after being laid there. But it takes root at once and it strives to grow and bear fruit, that is the vegetable creature born of the union between soil and seed. Man is the seed, woman is the soil, the fruit is the son. It is sinful to refuse to bear fruit and scatter strength in vice. It is prostitution performed on the nuptial bed, and in no way differs from the other prostitution, on the contrary it is aggravated by disobedience to the commandment that says: "Be one flesh and multiply by bearing children".

Therefore, women deliberately barren, legal and honest wives in the eyes of the world, but not in the eyes of God, you can see that you may be considered prostitutes and you fornicate just the same even if only with your husbands, because you do not seek maternity but too often you are only after pleasure. And do you not consider that pleasure is a poison that contaminates every mouth that tastes it? It bums with a fire that seems to satisfy, instead it falls out of the fireplace and devours, more and more insatiable, leaving a sour taste of ash on the tongue as well as disgust, nausea and contempt both of oneself and of the partner in pleasure, because when a conscience revives, and it does revive between two heats, one can but feel such contempt of oneself, being lowered below the level of beasts.

"You shall not fornicate" it is said.

A great deal of the carnal actions of men are fornications. And I do not take into consideration the inconceivable obsessive union which Leviticus condemns with the following words: "Man: you must not lie with a man as with a woman" and "You must not lie with any animal, you would thereby become unclean. And woman will do likewise and will not offer herself to an animal, because it would be a foul thing". But after mentioning the duty of husband and wife in marriage, which is no longer holy when it becomes barren through malice, I am going to speak of the true and proper fornication between man and woman performed out of reciprocal vice or for compensation in money or in gifts.

The human body is a magnificent temple that contains an altar. God should be on the altar. But God is not where there is corruption. Therefore an impure body has a desecrated altar without God. Like a drunken person who wallows in mire and in the regurgitations of his own drunkenness, man lowers himself in the brutality of fornication and becomes worse than the most impure worm and beast.

Tell Me, if among you there is anyone who has perverted himself to the extent of dealing with his body as one deals in fodder or animals at the market, which benefit did he gain? Take your hearts in your hands, examine them, question them, listen to them, note their wounds, their pangs and then tell Me: was the fruit so sweet as to deserve such pain to a heart that was born pure and that you have compelled to live in an impure body, and to beat to give life and heat to lust, and to be worn out by vice?

Tell Me: are you so perverted that you do not sob secretly, hearing the voice of a child calling: "mummy", or thinking of your mothers, you women of pleasure who have run away from home or have been driven out of them, so that the rotten fruit may not contaminate with its oozing rottenness the other good ones? Thinking of your mothers who probably died broken-hearted, having to say: "I gave birth to disgrace"?

Do you not feel your hearts shudder with shame, when you meet an old solemn-looking man because of his white hair and you consider that you have soiled your fathers' heads with handfuls of mud and have exposed them to the scorn of their native country?

Do you not feel your 'entrails writhe with regret when you see a happy wife or an innocent virgin and you have to say: "I have given up all that and I will never be like that again!"?

Do you not feel your faces blush with shame when you meet the eyes of men looking at you lustfully or scornfully?

Do you not realise how miserable you are when you are thirsty for the kiss of a child and you dare not say: "Give me it" because you have killed lives at their birth, you have rejected them as boring burdens and as a useless hindrance, detached from the tree that had borne them, and thrown out to make dung, and now those little lives shout at you: "murderers!"?

But, above all, are you not terrified of the Judge Who created you and is waiting for you to ask you: "What have you done of yourself? Did I, perhaps, give you life for that? How dare you come to My presence, you nest swarming with worms and putrefaction? You have had everything of what was your god: pleasure. Go to the place of eternal malediction".

Who is weeping? Nobody? Are you saying: nobody? And yet My soul is going to meet another soul that is weeping. Why is it going to meet her? To anathematize her because she is a prostitute? No. Because I feel sorry for her soul. I feel repulsion for all her filthy body, sweaty with wanton exertion. But her soul!

Oh! Father! Father! Also for this soul I have taken flesh and I left Heaven to be her Redeemer and the Redeemer of many souls like hers! Why should I not pick up this stray sheep and take her to the fold, clean her, unite her to the flock, give her pastures and a love as perfect as only Mine can be, so different from the love that so far she called love, but instead was hatred, such a pitiful, complete, sweet love that she may no longer regret the past or may regret it only to say: "Too many days have I lost away from You, eternal Beauty. Who will give me back the time I lost? How can I enjoy in the short time which is left to me, what I would have enjoyed if I had always been pure?"

And yet, o soul oppressed by all the lust of the world, do not weep. Listen: you are a filthy rag. But you can become a flower once again. You are a dunghill. But you can become a flower-bed. You, are an impure animal. But you can become an angel. Once you were an angel. And you used to dance on the flowery meadows, a rose amongst the roses, as fresh as they were, sweet-smelling with virginity. And you happily sang your childish songs, and then you would run to your mother, to your father and say to them: "You are my love". And the invisible guardian who is at the side of each creature would smile at your blue-white soul… And then? Why? Why did you tear off your wings, those of a little innocent being? Why did you tread on the hearts of your father and mother to run after other unreliable hearts? Why did you compel your pure voice to utter false sensual words? Why did you break the stem of the rose and desecrate yourself?

Repent, daughter of God. Repentance invigorates, purifies and elevates. Can man not forgive you? Not even your father could forgive you? But God can. Because the bounty of God is not to be compared to human goodness and His mercy is infinitely greater than human misery. Honour yourself by making your soul honourable through an honest life. Justify yourself with God committing no more sins against your soul. Obtain from God a new name. That is what matters. You are vicious. Become honest. Become the sacrifice and the martyr of your repentance. You knew how to make a martyr of your heart to give pleasure to your flesh. Now make a martyr of your flesh to give eternal peace to your heart.

Go. You may all go away. Each 'with his burden and his thoughts, and meditate. God awaits everybody and rejects none of those who repent. May God grant you His light that you may know your souls. Go. »

Many go away towards the village. Some go into the large room. Jesus goes towards the sick people and cures them.

A group of men are talking in low voices in a comer: they are gesticulating and getting excited in discussing their various opinions. Some accuse Christ, some defend Him, some exhort both parties to a riper judgement. At the end, the most bitter ones, probably because they are fewer than the other two groups, take a middle course. They go to Peter, who is carrying away with Simon three stretchers of people cured miraculously, as they are now useless, and they assail him overbearingly in the large room which has become the guest-room for pilgrims. They say to him: « Man of Galilee, listen to us. »

Peter turns round and looks at them as if they were rare animals. He does not speak, but the expression of his face is wonderful. Simon casts a glance at the five furious men and then goes out, leaving them all in the lurch.

One of the five resumes speaking: « I am Samuel, the scribe; this is Sadoc, another scribe; and this is Eleazar, a well known and mighty Judaean; and this is Callascebona, the famous elder; and, finally, this is Nahum. Do you understand? Nahum! » the tone of his voice is really bombastic.

Peter bows lightly at each name, but at the last one his head stops half way and with the greatest indifference he says: « I don't know. Never heard of it. And… I don't understand anything. »

« You rough fisherman! Bear in mind that he is Annas' trustee! »

« I don't know Annas; or rather I know many women whose name is Anna. There is a swarm of them also in Capernaum. But I don't know of which one he is the trustee. »

« He? Am I being addressed as "he"? »

« What do you want me to say to you? Ass or bird? When I went to school the teacher taught me to say "he" when speaking of a man, and, if I am not mistaken, you are a man. »
    The man becomes infuriated, as if he were tortured by the words. The other man, who spoke first, explains: « Annas is Caiaphas' father-in-law… »

« Ah!… I see!!! Well? »

« I am telling you that we are indignant! »

« At what? At the weather? I am indignant too. I have changed my clothes three times and I have no more dry ones. »

« Don't be silly! »

« Silly? It's the truth. If you are not indignant at the weather, at what then? With the Romans? »

« With your Master! With the false prophet! »

« Hey! Dear Samuel! Be careful because if I wake up I am like the lake: From dead calm I become stormy in a moment. So watch how you speak… »

Also the sons of Zebedee and of Alphaeus have come in together with the Iscariot and Simon and they gather round Peter who shouts louder and louder.

« You shall not touch with your plebeian hands the great men of Zion! »

« Oh! The handsome young gentlemen! And you shall not touch my Master otherwise you will be flying into the well at once and then you will really get purified, both internally and externally. »

« I wish to draw the attention of the doctors of the Temple to the fact that this house is a private one » says Simon calmly. And the Iscariot corroborates the situation saying: « And I can guarantee that the Master has always had the greatest respect for other people's houses, and above all for the House of the Lord. Have the same respect for His. »

« Be quiet, you sly worm. »

« Sly in what? You are disgusting and I came where there is no disgust. And God grant I have not been completely corrupted by being with you! »

« Summing up: what do you want? » -asks James of Alphaeus sharply.

« And who are you? »

« I am James of Alphaeus, and Alphaeus of James, and James of Matan, and Matan of Eleazar, and if you wish so, I will mention all my ancestors up to king David from whom I descend. And I am a cousin of the Messiah. So I ask you to speak to me, since I am of the royal family and a Judaean, if your arrogance feels disgust in speaking to an honest Israelite who knows God better than Gamaliel and Caiaphas. So, speak up. »

« Your Master and relative gets prostitutes to follow Him. That veiled woman is one of them. I saw her while she was selling some gold. And I recognised her. She is Shammai's lover and has run away from him. Which is a disgrace to him. »

« To whom? To Shammai the rabbi? In that case she must be an old crock. And thus out of danger… » remarks the Iscariot teasingly.

« Be quiet, you fool! To Shammai of Elchi, Herod's favourite. »

« Well now! It means that she is no longer particularly fond of the favourite. She has to go to bed with him. Not you. Why worry then? » Judas Iscariot is superlatively ironical.

« Man, do you not think that you are dishonouring yourself by playing the spy? » asks Judas of Alphaeus. « And do you not consider that he dishonours himself who lowers himself to commit a sin, not he who endeavours to save a sinner? Why is my Master and brother dishonoured, if, when speaking, His voice reaches also the ears profaned by the slaver of lustful people in Zion? »

« His voice? Ah! Ah! Your Master and cousin is thirty years old and He is a greater hypocrite than the others. And you all sleep soundly at night… »

« You vile reptile. Get out of here or I will strangle you » shouts, Peter, and James and John echo his words, whilst Simon simply says: « Shame on you! Your hypocrisy is so great that it regurgitates and overflows and you slaver like a snail on a pure flower. Go out and become a man, because now you are but slaver. I recognise you, Samuel. Your heart is always the same. May God forgive you. Go away from my presence. »

While the Iscariot and James of Alphaeus are holding Peter, who is seething with anger, Judas Thaddeus, who more than ever is now like his Cousin, having the same blue flashing look and stately expression, says in a thundering voice: « He dishonours himself who dishonours an innocent person. God gave us sight and speech to accomplish holy deeds. A slanderer misuses and degrades them, employing them for evil deeds. I will not soil myself by a rude deed offensive to your white hair. But I will remind you that wicked people hate an upright man and a fool vents his spleen without considering that he betrays himself. Who lives in darkness mistakes a branch in bloom for a reptile. But who lives in light sees things as they are, and if they are denigrated, he defends them for justice' sake. We live in light. We are the chaste, beautiful generation of the children of light, and our Leader is the Holy One Who knows neither woman nor sin. We follow Him and defend Him from His enemies, whom He has taught us not to hate but to pray for. Old as you are, you may learn from a young man, who has become ripe because Wisdom is his teacher, not to be so quick in speaking and not good at all in doing good. Go. And inform those who sent you that God rests on His glory in this poor dwelling, not in the desecrated house which is on mount Moriah. Goodbye. »

The five men dare not reply and they go away.

The disciples discuss whether they should tell Jesus Who is still with the people He has cured. They decide it is better to inform Him. They go to meet Him, they call Him and they tell Him.

Jesus smiles peacefully and replies: « Thank you for defending Me… but what can you do? One gives what one has. »

« However, they are not entirely wrong. We have eyes to see and many people do see. She is always out there, like a dog. It does You no good » say many of the disciples.

« Leave her alone. She will not be the stone that will strike My head. And if she is saved… it is well worth being criticised for such a joy! »
    It all ends on that sweet reply.

Peace be with you always
    Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:10 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp. 125. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « Observe Holy Days. »

6th March 1945.

The weather is not so dreadful although it is still raining, and people can come to the Master.

Jesus is listening, on one side, to two or three people, who have great things to tell Him and then reach their places looking much calmer.

He blesses also a little boy whose little legs are badly fractured and whom no doctor would cure. They all, in fact, said: « It is useless, they are fractured high up, near the spine. » His mother is talking, weeping as she explains: « He was running with his little sister in the village street. A Herodian came at full speed on his wagon and ran him over. I thought he was dead. But it is worse. See. I am keeping him on this board… because there is nothing else to be done. And he suffers, because the bone pierces his flesh. And later, when it will no longer pierce him, he will suffer because he will be compelled to lie on his back. »

« Is it very painful? » Jesus pitifully asks the weeping child.

« Yes, it is. »

« Where? »

« Here… and here » and with his little hesitant hand he touches his kidneys and his back. « The board is hard and I want to move, I… » and he cries desperately.

« Shall I take you in My arms? Will you come? I will take you up there, and you will see all the people when I am speaking. »

« Yes… » (his "Yes" is full of keen desire). The poor little thing stretches out his arms imploringly.

« Come then. »

« But he cannot, Master, it is impossible! It hurts him too much… I cannot even move him to wash him. »

« I will not hurt him. »

« The doctor… »

« The doctor is the doctor, I am I. Why have you come? »

« Because You are the Messiah » replies the woman, who goes pale, then blushes, moved by hope and despair at the same time.

« Well, then? Come, My dear little one. » And Jesus passes one arm under the motionless legs, and the other one under his shoulders and takes the child in His arms and asks him: « Am I hurting you? No? Well, say goodbye to your mummy and let us go. »

And He goes with His load through the crowd that opens out to let Him pass. He goes to the end of the room, He climbs on to the kind of platform which they built for Him, so that He may be seen by everybody, also by those in the yard, He asks for a stool and He sits down, He adjusts the child on His knees and asks him: « Do you like this? Now, be good and listen » and He starts speaking, gesticulating with one hand only, His right one, because He is holding the child with His left one. The little fellow looks at the people and is very happy to see something, he smiles at his mother whose heart is palpitating with hope at the other end of the room, and he plays with the cord of Jesus' tunic and with His soft fair beard and with a lock of His long hair.

« It is said: "Do an honest work and devote the seventh day to the Lord and to your soul". That is the commandment of the Sabbatical rest.

Man is not greater than God. And yet God created the universe in six days and He rested on the seventh. Why then does man take the liberty of not imitating the Father and breaking His commandment? Is it a foolish commandment? No. It is truly a beneficial commandment to the body, to morals and to the spirit.

A tired body needs rest, like every other being in creation. An ox, which has worked in the field, rests, and we let it rest, so that we may not lose it. Likewise, the donkey that carries us and the sheep that gives birth to a little lamb and gives us milk, need a rest. Also the soil of the field rests, and we let it rest, so that during the months that it is deprived of seed, it may be nourished and become saturated with the salts that are contained in rain or emerge from the earth. Also animals and plants, which obey the eternal laws of wise reproduction, rest well, also without our con sent. Why then does man not want to imitate the Creator, Who rested on the seventh day, whereas inferior beings, both vegetable and animal, which only received an instinctive order, know how to comply with it and obey it?

It is a moral commandment, besides being a physical one. Man for six days belongs to everybody and everything. Like a thread in a loom he moves up and down, without being ever able to say: "Now I am going to attend to myself and to my dear ones. I am a father and today I belong to my children, I am a husband and today I will devote myself to my wife, I am a brother and I will rejoice with my brothers, I am a son and I will look after my old parents".

It its a spiritual commandment. Work is holy. Love is holier. God is Most Holy. So we must remember to devote at least one day out of seven to our good and holy Father, Who gave us life and keeps us alive. Why should we have less respect for Him than for our fathers, our children, brothers, wives and our bodies? Let the day of the Lord be His. Oh! It is pleasant to take shelter in a loving home in the evening, after a day's work! It is pleasant to come back to it after a journey! Why then not take shelter in the house of the Father after six days' work? Why should we not be like the son who comes back after a six day journey and says: "Here I am, I want to spend my day of rest with you"?

But now, listen. I said: "Do an honest job".

You know that our Law orders us to love our neighbour. Honest work forms part of our love for our neighbour. An honest working person does not steal in business, does not defraud a workman of his pay, does not exploit him guiltily, he remembers that a servant and a workman are made of body and soul like himself, and he does not treat them like lifeless pieces of stone which it is lawful to break or strike with one's foot or an iron rod. Who does not do that, does not love his neighbour and therefore commits a sin in the eyes of God. His earnings are cursed, even if he offers part of them as alms to the Temple.

Oh! What a false offer! And how can anyone dare place it at the foot of the altar when it drips the tears and blood of an exploited subordinate or its name is "theft", that is, betrayal of one's neighbour, because a thief is the betrayer of his neighbour? Believe Me, one does not keep a holy day unless one makes use of it to examine and improve oneself and make amends for the sins committed during the previous six days.

That is the observance of holy days, not the merely exterior observance, which does not change one jot of your way of thinking. God wants living deeds, not sham deeds. A false respect for His Law is a mere sham. And a mere sham is the false observance of the Sabbath, that is a rest taken to show obedience to the commandment in the eyes of men, when the hours of idleness are spent in vice, in lust, in orgy, in planning how to exploit and damage one's neighbour in the oncoming week. The observance of the Sabbath is a sham, when the material rest is not coupled with an inner, spiritual, sanctifying examination of oneself, with the humble avowal of one's misery, with the firm determination to improve oneself during the oncoming week.

You may say: "And if one falls into sin again?" What would you say of a child, who, having fallen once, should not wish to take another step, that he may not fall again? That he is foolish. That he must not be ashamed if his steps are uncertain, because we were all like that when we were little ones, and our fathers did not stop loving us because of that. Who does not remember the profusion of maternal kisses and paternal caresses we received every time we fell?

The most sweet Father, Who is in Heaven, does the same. He bends over His little one who is weeping on the ground and says to him: "Do not weep. I will raise you. Next time you will be more careful. Come into My arms now. Here all your troubles will cease and you will go away strengthened, cured and happy". That is what our Father, Who is in Heaven, says. And that is what I say to you. If you could have faith in the Father, you would succeed in everything. A faith, mind you, like the faith of a child. A child believes that everything is possible. He does not ask whether and how something may happen. He does not measure the depth of things. He believes in those who inspire confidence to him and does what they tell him. Be like children with the Most High. How He loves those stray angels which are the beauty of the earth! In the same way He loves the souls that become as simple, good and pure as a child.

Do you wish to see the faith of a child to learn to have faith? Look. You all feel sorry for the little one whom I am clasping to My chest and who, contrary to what doctors and his mother said, has not cried while sitting in My lap. See? For a long time he has done nothing but cry day and night without getting any rest, instead here he has not cried and has fallen asleep placidly against My heart. I asked him: "Do you want to come in My arms?" and he replied: "Yes", without considering his miserable state, the probable pain he might feel, as a result of being moved. He saw love on My face, he said: "Yes" and he came. And he felt no pain. He was happy to be up here, and see things, after being confined to that flat board, he enjoyed lying on the soft warmth of a body and not on the hard wood, he smiled, he played and he fell asleep still holding a lock of My hair in his tiny hand. I will now wake him with a kiss… » and Jesus kisses the brown hair of the child who wakes up smiling.

« What is your name? »

« John. »

« Listen, John. Do you want to walk? Do you wish to go to your mummy and say to her: "The Messiah blesses you on account of your faith"? »

« Yes » replies the little one clapping his hands. He then asks: « Will You make me go? On the meadows? No more the ugly hard board? No more the doctors who hurt me? »

« No more, never again. »

« Ah! How I love You! » and he throws his arms round Jesus' neck and kisses Him, and to kiss Him better, with a jump he kneels on Jesus' knees and a hail of kisses descends on the forehead, the eyes, the cheeks of Jesus.

The child, who had been paralysed up to this point, in his joy, has not even realised that he has been able to move. But the shouting of his mother and of the crowd, rouses him and he turns round surprised. The large innocent eyes of his thin face look around inquiringly. Still on his knees, with his right arm round Jesus' neck, he asks Him confidentially - pointing at the crowd in tumult and at his mother, who from the other end is calling him, joining his name to Jesus' at the same time: « John! Jesus! » « Why are the people and my mother shouting? What is the matter with them? Are You Jesus? »

« Yes, I am. The people are shouting because they are happy that you can walk. Goodbye, little John (Jesus kisses and blesses him). Go to your mummy and be good. »

The child, sure of himself, comes off Jesus' knees, runs to his mother, flings his arms round her neck and says: « Jesus blesses You. Why are you crying, then? »

When the crowd has calmed down a little, Jesus says in a thundering voice: « Behave like little John, you who commit sin and hurt yourselves. Have faith in the love of God. Peace be with you. »

And while the shouts of the acclaiming crowd are mingled with the happy tears of the mother, Jesus leaves the room, escorted by his disciples, and it all ends.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:11 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp. 126. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « You Shall Not Kill ». Death of Doras The Pharisee.

10th March 1945.

« It is said: "You shall not kill". To which of the two groups of commandments does this one belong? Are you saying: "To the second"? Are you sure? I will ask you another question: is it a sin which offends God or the man who has been struck? You say: "The man who has been struck"? Are you sure also of that? And another question: is it only a sin of homicide? By killing a person does one commit but this one sin? You say: "Only this one"? Does no one doubt it? Give Me your answers in a loud voice. Let one speak on behalf of everybody. I will wait. » And Jesus bends to caress a little girl who has come near Him and looks at Him enraptured, forgetting to nibble at the apple that her mother gave her to keep her quiet.

A stately old man stands up and says: « Listen, Master. I am an old synagogue leader and I have been asked to speak on behalf of everybody. And I am going to speak. I think, we all think, that we have replied according to justice and according to what we have been taught. My certainty is based on the Law concerning homicide and blows. But You know why we have come: to be taught, as we know that You are Wisdom and Truth. If, therefore, I am wrong, enlighten my darkness, that the old servant may go to his King clad in light. And similarly, enlighten also these people who belong to my flock and have come with their shepherd to drink at the source of Life » and before sitting down, he bows with the greatest respect.

« Who are you, father? »

« Cleopas, of Emmaus, Your servant. »

« Not Mine: of Him Who sent Me, because the Father is to be given all priority and all love in Heaven, on the earth and in hearts. And the first to give Him this honour is His Word, Who, on the faultless table takes and offers the hearts of good people, as the priest does with the bread of the proposition. But listen, Cleopas, that you may go to God enlightened as is your holy desire.

When judging a fault, it is necessary to take into consideration the circumstances that precede, prepare, justify and explain the fault. A man who has committed murder, before presenting himself to God to ask forgiveness, must ask himself: "Whom did I strike? What did I strike? Where, with what means, why, how, when did I strike?"

"Whom did I strike?"

A man. I say: a man. I do not consider whether he is rich or poor, free or a slave. As far as I am concerned, there are neither slaves nor mighty ones. There are only men, created by One God, therefore, they are all equal. In fact, also the most powerful king on the earth is dust before the majesty of God. And in His eyes, as well as in Mine, there is only one slavery: sin, and therefore a slavery under Satan. The old Law discriminates between free men and slaves, and subtilises between killing with one blow and killing when the person struck survives for a day or two and likewise, whether a pregnant woman is killed by blows or only the fruit of her womb dies. But that was said when the light of perfection was still far away. Now it is amongst you and says: "Who kills his fellow-creature commits a sin". And he sins not only against man, but also against God.

What is man? Man is the sovereign creature whom God created to be the king of creation and He created him in His image and likeness, giving him His likeness according to the spirit, and His image by drawing his perfect image from His perfect thought. Look at the air, at the earth, at the seas. Can you see an animal or a plant, however beautiful it may be, which is equal to man? Animals run, eat, drink, sleep, procreate, work, sing, fly, creep, climb. But they do not speak. Man can also run and jump, and is so agile in jumping as to emulate birds; he can swim, and is so fast that he seems a fish; he can creep and looks like a reptile; he climbs like a monkey; he can sing like a bird. He can procreate and reproduce. And, besides, he can speak.

Do not say: "Every animal has its language". True, one moos, another bleats, another brays, another chirps, another warbles, but the last bull will bellow exactly the same as the first one, and so sheep will bleat until the end of the world, and donkeys will always bray like the first one, and sparrows will always chirp, whilst the lark and the nightingale will sing their songs: the former to the sun, the latter to a starry night, also on the last day of the world, exactly as they greeted the first sun and the first night. Man, instead, having not only a voice and a tongue, but also a nervous system, the centre of which is the brain, the seat of intelligence, is capable of perceiving new sensations, meditating on them and giving them names.

Adam called dog his friend and gave the name of lion to the animal that seems most like it because of its mane round its shortbearded face. He called sheep the lamb that greeted him mildly and gave the name of bird to the beautiful flower of feathers that flies like a butterfly but sings a sweet song that a butterfly cannot sing. And later, throughout centuries, the children of Adam created new names, as and when they "became acquainted" with the works of God in His creatures, or, through the divine spark which is in man, they not only procreated children, but they also created things which were useful or harmful to their children, according to whether they were with God or against God. Those who create and do good things are with God. Those who create wicked things, harmful to their neighbours, are against God. God avenges His children tortured by man's wickedness.

Man is thus the favoured creature of God. Even if he is now guilty, he is still the dearest creature to Him. That is witnessed by the fact the He sent His own Word, not an angel, not an archangel, not a cherub, not a seraph, but His own Word, clad with human flesh, to save man. He did not deem that flesh unworthy to make Him liable to suffer and expiate, Who being a Most Pure Spirit Himself, could not have suffered and expiated the sin of man.

The Father said to Me: "You shall become man: the Man. I made one. He was as perfect as everything I make. He was destined to a peaceful life, a most peaceful final sleep, a happy awakening and a most happy eternal life in My celestial Paradise. But You know that nothing contaminated may enter our Paradise, because there I-We, one and trine God, have Our throne. Only holiness is allowed to stand before it. I am He Who I am. My divine nature, Our mysterious being can be known only to those who are without sin. Now man, in Adam and through Adam, is foul. Go. Cleanse him. I want it. From now on You shall be the Man. The First-Born. Because You will be the first to enter here with mortal flesh deprived of sin, with a soul deprived of the original sin. Those who have preceded You on the earth and those who will come after You, will receive life through Your death of a Redeemer". Only one who was born can die. I was born and I will die.

Man is the favoured creature of God. Now tell Me: if a father has many children, but one is his darling, the apple of his eye, and that one is killed, will that father not suffer more than he would have suffered if another son had been killed? That should not happen because a father should be just to all his children. But it happens because man is not perfect. God can do so with justice because man is, the only creature, amongst all created things, who has a spiritual soul in common with his Creator Father, an undeniable sign of his divine paternity.

If one kills the son of a father, does one offend only the son? No. One offends also the father-One offends the son in his flesh and the father in his heart. Both are wounded. By killing a man, does one offend only the man? No. Also God. Man in his flesh, God in His right. Because life and death are to be given and taken by Him only. To kill is to do violence to God and to man. To kill is to enter God's domain. To kill is to go against the commandment of love. Who kills does not love God, because he dissipates one of His works: a man. Who kills does not love his neighbour, because he takes away from his neighbour what a murderer wants for himself: life.

I have thus replied to the first two questions.

“Where did I strike?"

One can strike in the street, in the house of the person assaulted, or by alluring the victim to one's own home. One can strike either one or another organ causing a more severe pain, or committing two homicides in one, by striking a woman whose womb is bearing its fruit.

One may strike in the street unintentionally. An animal that gets out of our hands may kill a passer-by. In which case there is no premeditation. But if a man, armed with a dagger and wearing refined dissembling clothes, goes to the house of his enemy - and often an enemy is a person whose only fault is to be better - invites him to his own house under the pretext of honouring him, and then cuts his throat and throws him into a well, then there is premeditation and his guilt is complete in malice, ferocity and violence.

If I kill a mother and her child, then God will ask me to account for two deaths. Because the womb that gives birth to a man according to the commandment of God is sacred and sacred is the young life that grows within it, to whom God has given a soul.

“By which means did I strike?"

In vain one says: "I did not intend to strike" if he went armed with an accurate arm. In a fit of anger, also one's hand may become • weapon, or a stone picked off the ground, or a branch taken from • tree. But who inspects his dagger or an axe, with cold determination, and sharpens it if he thinks that it is not sharp enough, then conceals it safely on his body so that, although it is not seen, it may be easily grasped, and being thus ready goes to his enemy, cannot certainly say: "I did not intend to strike". Who prepares a poison picking poisonous herbs and fruits, makes a powder or drink with them which he then offers to the victim as spices or as cyder, cannot certainly say: "I did not want to kill".

And now listen, you women, tacit unpunished murderesses of so many lives. It is also murder to detach a fruit that is growing in a womb, because it is of a guilty seed, or because it is an embryo which is not wanted, being a useless burden to your bodies and your wealth. There is only one way not to have that burden: by being chaste. Do not join homicide to lust, violence to disobedience, and do not think that God does not see, simply because man does not see. God sees everything and remembers everything. You ought to remember that, too.

“Why did I strike?"

Oh! for how many reasons! The sudden mental turmoil which causes in you a violent emotion, such as finding your nuptial bed polluted, or a thief at home, or a dirty fellow intent on doing violence to your young daughter, the cold premeditated planning to get rid of a dangerous witness, of someone who encumbers your way, or of someone at whose position or purse you aim; those are some of the many reasons. And if God can still forgive who in a painful derangement becomes a murderer, He will not forgive who becomes such through lust for power or for men's esteem.

Always behave properly and you will fear nobody's eye or word. Be happy with what you possess, and you will not aspire to other people's property, to the extent of becoming murderers in order to have what belongs to your neighbour.

“How did I strike?"

Being pitiless also after the first impulsive outburst? Sometimes man cannot control himself. Because Satan throws him into evil as a slinger hurls a stone. But what would you say of a stone, which, after reaching its target, should fly back by itself to the sling, to be hurled again and strike once more? You would say: "It is possessed of a magic hellish power". And such is man, when after the first blow he strikes a second, a third, a tenth time, with unbridled ferocity. Because wrath abates and reason takes over after the first outburst, if it is an outburst caused by a justifiable reason. Whereas ferocity increases the more the victim is struck by a genuine murderer, that is, by a satan, who does not feel and cannot feel pity for a brother because, being satan, he is hatred personified.

“When did I strike?"

During the first outburst? After it had subsided? Pretending I had forgiven whereas my grudge grew more and more? Did I perhaps -wait for years before striking, to cause double pain by killing the father through his children?

You can see that by killing one offends the first and second group of commandments. Because you unduly claim the right of God and you oppress your neighbour. It is therefore a sin against God and against your neighbour. You do not only commit a sin of homicide. But you commit a sin of wrath, of violence, of pride, of disobedience, of sacrilege, and sometimes, if you kill to steal a position or a purse, of greed. I will only mention this now, and I will explain it to you in greater detail some other day, one does not commit homicide only by means of a weapon or poison. But also by slander. Meditate on that.
    I also say to you: the master, who striking a slave, does it cunningly, so that he may not die in his hands, is twice guilty. A slave is not money of his master: he is a soul of his God. And cursed be for ever who treats him worse than a bull. »

Jesus' eyes sparkle with majesty and His voice thunders. They all look at Him amazed, because before He was speaking quietly.

« May he be cursed. The New Law repeals that hardness which was still justice when in the people of Israel there were no hypocrites who pretend to be saints and sharpen their wits only to take advantage of the Law of God or elude it. But now that Israel is overflowing with such vipers, for whom all caprices are lawful when it suits them, the miserable mighty ones whom God looks at with hatred and disgust, I say: it is no longer so.

Slaves fall in the fields or at the millstones. They fall with fractured bones and with nerves laid bare by scourges. They accuse them of false crimes, so that they may strike them and thus justify their diabolical sadism. They even make use of God's miracles, as an accusation, to have the right to strike them. Neither God's power nor a slave's holiness convert their wicked souls. They cannot be converted. Good will not enter a soul glutted with evil. But God sees and says: "It is enough".

There are too many Cains who kill the Abels. And what do you think, you foul sepulchres, whose outsides are whitewashed and covered with the words of the Law, and in whose insides Satan dominates as a king and the most cunning satanism flourishes, what do you think? That only Abel was Adam's son and that God looks benignantly only at those who are not slaves of man, and that He refuses the only offer that a slave can make: His honesty seasoned with tears? No, I solemnly tell you that every just man is an Abel, even if he is laden with fetters, even if he is dying on the furrows, or bleeding because of your scourging, and that all the unjust people are Cains, who out of pride, not out of true veneration, give to God what is contaminated with their sins and stained with blood.

Desecrators of miracles! Desecrators of men, murderers, impious people! Out! Away from My sight! Enough! I say: enough. And I can say that, because I am the divine Word Who translates the Divine Thought. Away! »

Jesus, standing on the rough platform, is so imposing as to be frightening. With His right arm stretched out towards the door, His eyes like two blue flames, He seems to be striking by lightning the sinners present. The little girl at His feet starts crying and runs to her mother. The disciples look at one another amazed and they look to see to whom the diatribe is addressed. Also the crowd turn round and look inquisitively.

At last the mystery is clarified. At the other end of the room, outside the door, half hidden behind a group of tall country men, Doras appears. He looks thinner, yellower, more wrinkled, with his big nose and protruding chin. A servant helps him to move because he seems to be semi-paralysed. No one had seen him there, in the middle of the yard. He dares to speak in his clucking voice: « Are You speaking to me? Is it for me? »

« Yes, for you. Go out of My house. »

« I am going out. But I will soon have a reckoning with You, don't worry. »

« Soon? At once. The God of Sinai, as I told you, is waiting for You. »

« And You too, baleful fellow, because You are the cause of my infirmity and of the noxious animals in my land. I will see You again. And it will be a joy for me. »

« Yes. And you will not be wishing to see Me. Because I will be your judge. »

« Ah! Ah! curs… » He gropes, he mumbles and falls.

« He is dead! » shouts his servant. « The master is dead! May You be blessed, Messiah, our avenger! »

« Not I, but God, the eternal Lord. Let no one be contaminated. Only the servant is to see to his master. And be kind to his body. And you all, his servants, be good. Do not rejoice, out of bitter hatred, because he has been struck, so that you may not deserve to be condemned. May God and just Jonah be always your friends, and I with them. Goodbye. »

« But did he die by Your request? » asks Peter.

« No. But the Father came into Me… It is a mystery that you cannot understand. It is enough for you to know that it is not right to strike God. He avenges Himself by Himself. »

« Then, could You not tell the Father to let all those who hate You die? »

« Be quiet! You do not understand what your mentality is! I am Mercy and not Revenge. »
    The old man, the head of the synagogue, comes near and says: « Master, You have answered all my questions and light is in me.

May You be blessed. Come to my synagogue. Do not refuse an old man Your word. »

« I win come. Go in peace. The Lord is with you. »

While the crowds go away very slowly, it all ends.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:12 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp. 127. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « Do Not Put the Lord Your God to the Test ». The Three Disciples of the Baptist.

11th March 1945.

It is a very clear winter day: sunshine, wind and a clear sky, all blue, without the least trace of a cloud. It is early morning. A light veil of frost, or rather of almost frozen dew, is like diamond dust on the ground and on the grass.

Three men are coming towards the house. They are walking with the certainty of people who know where they are going. They see John who is crossing the yard, laden with pails of water drawn from the well. They call him.

John turns round, lays the buckets on the ground and says: « You are here? Welcome! The Master will be happy to see you. Come, before the crowds arrive. So many people come now!… »

They are the three shepherd disciples of John the Baptist. Simeon, John and Matthias follow the apostle happily.

« Master, there are three friends here. Look » says John going into the kitchen where a big fire of brushwood is burning merrily, spreading a pleasant smell of wood and burnt laurel.

« Oh! Peace to you, My friends. What made you come to Me? A misfortune of the Baptist? »

« No, Master. We came here with his permission. He sends You his greetings and asks You to recommend to God the lion chased by the archers. He does not delude himself about his destiny. But he is free for the time being. And he is happy because he knows that You have many followers. Also many who before were with him. Master… we would like to come with You, too, but… we do not want to leave him now that he is persecuted. You will understand us… » says Simeon.

« On the contrary, I bless you for that. The Baptist deserves respect and love. »

« Yes. You are right. The Baptist is a great man, and he is standing out like a giant more and more. He is like the agave, which, when it is about to die, forms the great candelabrum with the septiform flower and blazes and perfumes. That is what he is like. And he always says: "I would only like to see Him once again… " He wishes to see You. We have picked up that cry of his soul, and without telling him, we have brought it to You. He is the "Penitent" and the "Abstinent" Prophet. And he is pining away with the holy longing to see You and hear You. I am Tobias, or Matthias. But I think that the archangel given to Tobit did not differ from him. He is full of wisdom. »

« It is not said that I shall not see him… But is that the only reason why you have come? It is troublesome to travel in this weather. Today is a clear day. But up to three days ago, there was so much rain on the roads! »

« No, we have not come only for that. Some days ago, Doras, the Pharisee, came to us to be purified. But the Baptist refused him the rite saying: "Water will not penetrate where there is such a thick crust of sin. Only One can forgive you, the Messiah". He then replied: "I will go to Him. I want to be cured and I think that this disease in due to His spell". The Baptist then chased him away as he would have chased Satan. When going away, he met John, whom he knew since the time John used to go to Jonah, to whom he was somehow related, and he said to him: "I am going. They all go. Also Manaen has been there and even… I say prostitutes, (but he used a dirtier word) go to Him. The Clear Water is full of deceived people. Now if He cures me and withdraws His anathema from my land, which armies of moles, worms and cricket-moles are digging up like war machines, eating the seed and gnawing away at the roots of fruit trees and vines, and nothing can destroy them, I will become His friend. Otherwise… woe to Him!" We replied to him: "Are you going there in that frame of mind?" He replied: "Who believes in that devil? In any case, He can form an alliance with me as He does with prostitutes". We decided to come and tell You, so that You know how to deal with Doras. »

« It is already all done. »

« Already done? Of course. He has wagons and horses, we have only our legs. When did he come? »

« Yesterday. »

« And what happened? »

« This: if you prefer to busy yourselves with Doras, You may go to his house in Jerusalem and mourn him. They are preparing him for his sepulchre. »

« Dead?! »

« Dead. Here. But do not let us speak of him. »

« Yes, Master… But… tell us one thing. Is it true what he said of Manaen? »

« Yes. Are you sorry? »

« Oh! It is our joy! We have spoken so much to him of You at Machaerus! And what does an apostle want but that his Master be loved? That is what John wants, and we with him. »

« You are right, Matthias. Wisdom is with you. »

« And… I don't believe it. But we have just met her… She came also to us looking for You, before the Feast of the Tabernacles. And we said to her: "What you are looking for is not here. But He will soon be in Jerusalem for the Tabernacles… " We told her that because the Baptist had said to us: "See that sinner, she is a crust of filth, but inside she has a flame which is to be stoked. It will become so strong that it will break out through the crust and will bum everything. The filth will fall off and only the blaze will be left". That is what he said. But, is it true that she sleeps here, as two mighty Scribes came to tell us? »

« No. She is in one of the steward's stables, more than a mile from here. »

« Hellish tongues! Have you heard that? And they!… »

« Let them say. Good people do not believe their words, they believe in My deeds. »

« Also John says So. Some days ago, some of his disciples said to him in our presence: "Rabbi, He, Who was with you on the other side of the Jordan and to Whom you bore witness, now baptises. And they all go to Him. You will be left without followers". And John replied: "Blessed my ears that hear this news! You do not realise what joy you are giving me. You must know that man cannot take anything unless it is given to him by Heaven. You can witness that I said: 'I am not the Christ, but I have been sent before Him to prepare His way'. A just man does not take a name which does not belong to him, and even if people wish to praise him by saying: 'You are the one', that is, the Saint, he will say: 'Truly not, I am his servant'. And he is very happy just the same, because he thinks: 'I must be a little like Him, if people mistake me for Him'. And what does one who loves want, but to be like the person he loves? Only the bride gets pleasure from the bridegroom. A best man could not get it, because it would be immoral and a theft. But the friend of the groom, who is near him and listens to his words full of nuptial joy, feels such a great joy that it is almost like the delight that makes happy the virgin who married his friend and who foretastes the honey of the nuptial words. That is my joy and it is complete. What else does the friend of the groom do, after serving his friend for months and after leading the bride to his house? He withdraws and disappears. So will I! One only remains: the groom with the bride: Man with mankind. Oh! what deep words! He must grow greater, I must grow smaller. He Who comes from Heaven is above all the others. Patriarchs and Prophets disappear at His coming, because He is like the sun that illuminates everything with such a bright light, that stars and planets, deprived of light, are brightened by it, and those, the light of which is not extinguished, are outshone by its extreme brightness. It happens thus, because He comes from Heaven, whereas the Patriarchs and Prophets will go to Heaven, but they do not come from Heaven. Who comes from Heaven is above all the others. And He announces what He has seen and heard. But none of those who do not aim at Heaven and therefore deny God can accept His witness. Who accepts the witness of Him Who descended from Heaven, seals, by his belief, that God is true, and not an idle story without any truth, and he perceives the Truth, because his soul craves for It. Because He, Whom God sent, speaks words of God, because God gives Him the Spirit without reserve, and the Spirit says: 'Here I am. Take Me, because I want to be with You, Who are the delight of our love'. Because the Father loves the Son immeasurably and has placed all things in His hands. Therefore who believes in the Son, has eternal life. But who refuses to believe in the Son will not see Life. And the wrath of God will stay in him and on him". That is what he said. I engraved his words on my memory that I might repeat them to You » says Matthias.

« And I praise you and thank you for them. The last Prophet in Israel is not He Who descends from Heaven, but, as he was blessed with divine gifts since he was in the womb of his mother - you do not know, but I am telling you - it is he who is nearest to Heaven. »

« What? Oh! Tell us. When speaking of himself, he says: "I am the sinner". » Both the shepherds and the disciples are anxious to know.

« When My Mother was carrying Me, when She was pregnant of Me-God, as She is the Humble and Loving One, She went to serve John's mother, who was Her cousin on Her mother's side, and was pregnant in her old age. The Baptist already had a soul, as he was in his seventh month. And the germ of man, closed in his mother's womb, leapt with joy on hearing the voice of the Spouse of God. A precursor also in that, he preceded all the redeemed souls, because Grace was communicated from womb to womb and penetrating, it cancelled the Original Sin from the soul of the child. I therefore say that on the earth there are three who possess Wisdom, as there are in Heaven Three Who are Wisdom: the Word, His Mother, the Precursor on the earth; the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit in Heaven. »

« Our souls are thoroughly amazed, almost like when we were told: "The Messiah is born… " Because You were the Abyss of Mercy and our John is the abyss of humility. »

« And My Mother is the abyss of purity, of grace, of charity, of obedience, of humility, and of every other virtue which comes from God and which God grants to His saints. »

« Master » says James of Zebedee. « There is a lot of people. »

« Let us go. You may come, too. »

The crowd is a very large one.

« Peace be with you » says Jesus. He is smiling and very rarely is His smile so bright. People whisper and nod to Him. There is a great deal of curiosity.

It is said: « "Do not put the Lord your God to the test".

This commandment is forgotten too often. We put God to the test when we want to impose our will on Him. We put God to the test when we rashly act against the rules of the Law, which is holy and perfect and in its spiritual side, the principal one, it deals with and takes care also of the flesh that God created. We put God to the test, when, after being forgiven by Him, we revert to our sins. We put God to the test when, after receiving help from Him, we turn to our own ways and damage the help which had been granted for our own good and to remind us of God. God is neither to be mocked at nor derided. But that happens too often.

Yesterday you saw what punishment awaits those who deride God. The Eternal God, Who is full of compassion for those who are repentant, is most severe with unrepentant souls, who under no circumstances will amend themselves. You come to Me to hear the word of God. You come to receive miracles. You come to be forgiven. And the Father gives you His word, His miracles and His forgiveness. And I do not regret that I descended from Heaven, because I can give you miracles and forgiveness and I can make you understand God.

That man was struck down, like Nadab and Abihu, by the fire of divine wrath. But you must refrain from judging him. What happened, a new miracle, should only make you meditate on how one must behave to have God as a friend. He wanted the penitential water but without a supernatural spirit. He wanted it for a human spirit. As a magic means to cure his illness and free him from his calamity. All he was aiming at was his body and his harvest. Not his poor soul, which was of no value to him. His only values were life and money.

I say: a heart is where its treasure is, and a treasure is where the heart is. The treasure is therefore in the heart. In his heart he had a thirst for life and for a lot of money. How was he to get it? By any means. Also by crime. And so, was his request for baptism not deriding God and putting Him to the test? Sincere repentance for his long sinful life would have sufficed to obtain for him a holy death and what was fair to have on the earth. But he was unrepentant. As he never loved anyone but himself, he went so far as not to love even himself. Because hatred kills also the animal selfish love of man for himself. Tears of sincere repentance should have been his lustral water. And may that be true for all of you who are listening to Me. Because there is no one without sin, and you all therefore need that water. Springing from your hearts, it descends upon you and washes you, it cleanses what is polluted, it raises what is prostrated, it instils new life into those who have been bled by sin.

That man was anxious only about the trifles of the earth. But there is only one misery that should make man pensive. And that is the eternal misery of losing God. He did not fail to make the ritual offers. But he did not offer God the sacrifice of his spirit, that is, he did not stop sinning, he did not do penance and ask forgiveness by means of good deeds. Hypocritical offers made by means of riches unlawfully acquired are similar to requests made to God to become an accomplice of the evil actions of man. Can that ever happen? Is that not mocking at God? God rejects him who says: "I offer sacrifices" but is anxious to continue to sin. Can a corporeal fast be of any avail when the soul does not abstain from sin?

May the death of the man who died here make you meditate on the conditions which are necessary to be loved by God. Now in his sumptuous abode his relatives and the hired female mourners are mourning over his corpse which will shortly be taken to its sepulchre. Oh! A true mourning and a true corpse! Nothing more than a corpse! Nothing but disheartened mourning. Because the soul which was already dead will be for ever separated from those whom he loved out of blood relationship or similarity in mentality. Even if the same dwelling place will unite them for ever, they will be divided by the hatred that reigns there. Then death is "true" separation. It would be better if a man, when he has killed his soul, mourned over himself, rather than be mourned by other people, and thus, through the tears of a contrite and humble heart, he gave life back to his soul, through God's forgiveness.

Go. Without hatred or comment. With nothing but humility. As I have spoken of him out of justice, without hatred. Life and death teach us how to live well and die a happy death, and conquer life without death. Peace be with You. »

There are no sick people, no miracles, and Peter says to the three disciples of the Baptist: « I am sorry for you. »

« Oh! It is not necessary. We believe without seeing. We had the miracle of His birth and it made us believe. And now we have His word to corroborate our faith. We only ask to serve it until we are in Heaven, like our brother Jonah. »

It all ends.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:14 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp: 128. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « You Shall Not Covet Your Neighbour's Wife ».

12th March 1945.

Jesus passes through the middle of a very large crowd and they call Him from all directions. Some show their wounds, some mention their misfortunes, some simply say: « Have mercy on me », some show Him their little children and ask Him to bless them. The clear calm day has brought a great many people.

When Jesus is almost in His place, a plaintive cry is heard from the little path that leads to the river: « Son of David, have mercy on an unhappy man! »

Jesus looks in that direction and so do the crowd and His disciples. But a box-thicket conceals the pleading man.

« Who are you? Come out. »

« I cannot. I am not clean. I must go to the priest to be expelled from the world. I have sinned and leprosy has infected my body. I hope in You. »

« A leper! A leper! Anathema! Let us stone him! » shout the crowd in a turmoil.

Jesus with a gesture commands silence and calm. « He is not more unclean than anyone in sin. In the eyes of God an unrepentant sinner is more unclean than a repentant leper. If you are capable of believing, come with Me. »

The disciples and some curious people follow Jesus. The others crane their necks and remain where they are.

Jesus goes beyond the house and the little path, towards the box-thicket. He then stops and commands: « Show yourself. »

A young man, a little older than a teenager, appears. His face, which is still handsome and fresh looking, is lightly veiled by a very thin moustache and beard. His eyes are red with weeping.

He is hailed by a group of women all covered in veils, who were previously weeping in the yard of the house when Jesus passed by and are now crying even louder owing to the threats of the crowd. « Oh son! » shouts a woman collapsing on to the arms of another woman, probably a relative or a friend, I am not sure.

Jesus proceeds alone towards the unhappy fellow. « You are very young. How did you become a leper? »

The young man lowers his eyes, blushes, mumbles but ventures no more. Jesus repeats His question. The young man says something more clearly, but only a few words are caught: «… my father… I went… we sinned… not only I… »

« Your mother is over there, hoping and weeping. God in Heavens knows. I am here and I know. But I need your humiliation, so that I may have mercy on you. Speak up. »

« Speak, son. Have mercy on the womb that carried you » wails the mother who has dragged herself to where Jesus is standing and now, on her knees, is subconsciously holding the hem of Jesus' tunic in one hand, while she is stretching the other one towards her son, shedding scalding tears.

Jesus lays His hand on her head. « Speak up » He says once again.

« I am her first born and I help my father in his trade. He sent me to Jericho many times to see his customers and… and one… had a beautiful young wife… I liked her. I went farther than I should have done… She liked me… We pined for each other… and we sinned during the absence of her husband… I do not know what happened, because she was healthy. Yes. Not only I was healthy and wanted her… she was healthy, too, and she wanted me. I don't know whether… she wanted other men, beside me, and got infected… She soon withered and now she is already amongst the tombs, buried alive… And I… and I… Mother! You have seen it. It is a little spot, but they say that it is leprosy and I will die of it. When?… No life… no home no mother! Oh! mother! I can see you but I cannot kiss you! Today they are coming to rip my clothes and expel me from home… from the village… I am worse than dead. And I will not even have my mother to mourn over my corpse… »

The young man is weeping. His mother looks like a tree violently shaken by the wind, she is sobbing so convulsively. People comment with contrasting feelings.

Jesus is sad. He says: « And when you were committing sin, did you not think of your mother? Were you so insane as not to remember that you had a mother on the earth and a God in Heaven? And if no leprosy had appeared on you, would you ever have realised that you had offended God and your neighbour? What have you done with your soul? And with your youth? »

« I was tempted… »

« Are you a little baby that you do not know that that fruit was cursed? You deserve to die without mercy. »

« Oh! Mercy! Only You can… »

« Not I. God. And if you swear now that you will not sin again. »

« I swear it. Save me, Lord. Within a few hours I will be condemned. Mother!… Help me with your tears… Oh! Mother! »

The woman has no voice left. She grasps Jesus' legs and looks up with eyes dilated with pain. Her face has the tragic expression of a person who is drowning and knows that he is holding on to the last support that may save him.

Jesus looks at her. He smiles pitifully: « Get up, mother. Your son is cured. But for your sake, not for his. »

The woman cannot yet believe it. She feels that he cannot have been cured, being so far away, and shakes her head in denial, sobbing continuously.

« Man: remove your tunic from your chest. That is where you had the spot. So that your mother may be comforted. »

The young man lowers his tunic and appears nude in the eyes of everybody. His skin is the smooth clean skin of a strong young man.

« Look, mother » says Jesus, and He bends to raise the woman. His gesture serves also to hold her back, whilst her motherly love and the sight of the miracle would urge her towards her son, without waiting until he is purified. As she realises that it is impossible for her to go where her motherly loves urges her, she relaxes on Jesus' chest and kisses Him in a true joyful rapture. She weeps, smiles, kisses, blesses… and Jesus caresses her compassionately. He then says to the young man: « Go to the priest. And remember that God cured you for your mother's sake and that you may be just in future. Go. »

The young man goes away after blessing the Saviour and, at a distance he is followed by his mother and the other women who were with her. The crowds sing hosannas.

Jesus goes back to His -place.

« Also that young man had forgotten that there is a God Who commands honest morals. He had forgotten that it is forbidden to make for oneself gods which are not God. He had forgotten to keep the Sabbath as I taught you. He had forgotten a loving respect for his mother. He had forgotten that it is forbidden to fornicate, to steal, to be false, to covet his neighbour's wife, to kill himself and his soul, to commit adultery. He had forgotten everything. You have seen how he was stricken.

"You shall not covet your neighbour's wife" is linked to "You shall not commit adultery". Lust always precedes deeds. Man is too weak to be able to crave for something without consuming his desire. And, what is exceedingly sad, man is not capable of behaving in the same way with regard to his honest desires. In evil man wishes and then fulfils his wish. In good he wishes and then stops, if he does not retreat.

Since sinful desires are widely spread like couch grass which spreads by itself, I will repeat to you all, what I said to him: are you little babies who do know that that temptation is poisonous and is to be avoided? "I was tempted". The old excuse! But since it is also an old example, man ought to remember its consequences and thus say: "No". Our history does not lack examples of chaste people who persevered as such notwithstanding all the allurements of sex and the threats of violent people.

Is temptation evil? It is not. It is the work of the Evil One. But who overcomes it, turns it into glory.

A husband who makes love with other women, is a murderer of his wife, of his children and! of himself. Who enters his neighbour's abode to commit adultery is a thief, and one of the most cowardly. Like a cuckoo, he enjoys somebody else's nest, without any expense. Who deceives the good faith of a friend, is a forger, because he simulates a friendship which in fact he does not have. Who behaves thus, dishonours himself and his parents. Thus, can God be with him?

I worked the miracle for that poor mother. But I feel such disgust for lewdness, that it upsets Me. You shouted out of fear and horror for leprosy. My soul shouted out of disgust for lewdness. I am surrounded by all possible miseries and I am the Saviour of them all. But I prefer to touch a corpse, a just man whose putrified flesh has been honest and who is in peace with his soul, rather than go near anyone who smells of lust. I am the Saviour, but I am the Innocent One. That should be remembered by all those who come here or speak of Me, imputing to My person their own passions.

I realise that you would like something else from Me. But I cannot. The ruin of a youth, hardly formed and already demolished by lewdness, has upset Me more than if I had touched Death. Let us go to the sick people. Since I cannot be the Word, owing to the nausea that chokes Me, I shall be the Health of those who hope in Me.

Peace be with you. »

Jesus, in fact, is very pale, as if He were suffering. He smiles again only when He bends over sick children or the invalids lying in their stretchers. Then He is Himself once again. Particularly when He puts His finger into the mouth of a little dumb boy, about ten years old, and makes him say: « Jesus » and then « Mummy ».

People walk away very slowly.

Jesus stays and walks in the sunshine, which floods the yard, until the Iscariot goes up to Him and says: « Master, my mind is not at rest… »

« Why, Judas? »

« Because of those people in Jerusalem… I know them. Let me go there for a few days. I am not asking You to send me there by myself. On the contrary, please do not allow that. Send Simon and John with me. They were so good to me in our first journey in Judaea. One dampens my zeal, the other purifies my very thoughts. You cannot believe what John means to me! He is dew on my ardour and oil on my agitated water… Believe me. »

« I know. You must not be surprised, therefore, if I am so fond of him. He is My peace. But you, too, if you are always good, will be My consolation. If you make use of the gifts of God, of which you have many, in doing good, as you have been doing for some days, you will become a true apostle. »

« And will You love me as You love John? »

« I love you just the same, Judas. Only I will love you without any anxiety or sorrow. »

« Oh! Master, how good You are! »

« You may go to Jerusalem. But it will be to no avail. But I do not want to disappoint your desire to help Me. I will tell Simon and John at once. Let us go. You see how your Jesus suffers for certain sins? I am like one who has lifted a weight which was too heavy. Never give Me such pain. Never again… »

« No, Master, I love You. You know… But I am weak… »

« Love fortifies. »

They go into the house and it all ends.

And it is better so, because I feel ill: morally. And you know the reason. Physically - either because it is Passion time, or because I have written too much, I do not know exactly why - in this terrible period I often have a temperature and I suffer from pains in my lungs, spine and abdomen. I think that Compito(l) is still affecting me. I am suffering the consequences of all the dampness and lack of sunshine in that dear village.

(1) Compito is the village to which the author was evacuated during the war.

Peace be with you always

Last edited by Poem on Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:14 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp. 130. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « You Shall Not Bear False Witness ».

14th March 1945.

« How many people! » exclaims Matthew.

And Peter replies: « Look! There are also some Galileans… Ah! Ah! Let us go and tell the Master. They are three honourable bandits! »

« They are after me, perhaps. They pester me even here… »

« No, Matthew. A shark will not eat a little fish. It wants a man, a noble prey. And if it cannot really find one, it will gorge a big fish. But you, I and the others, are tiny little fish… trifles. »

« Are you referring to the Master? » asks Matthew.

« Of course! Can't you see how they are looking in every direction? They are like wild beasts scenting the trail of a gazelle. »

« I am going to tell Him… »

« Wait! Let us tell Alphaeus' sons. He is too good. A wasted goodness if swallowed by those mouths. »

« You are right. »

The two go to the river and call James and Judas. « Come here.
    There are some queer types… Good for the gallows. They have certainly come to annoy the Master. »

« Let us go. Where is He? »

« He is still in the kitchen. Let us be quick, because if He finds out He will object. »

« Yes. And He is wrong. »

« I say that, too. »

They go back to the threshing floor. The group, described as "Galilean", are speaking condescendingly to other people. Judas of Alphaeus goes near them, as if by chance. And he hears:

« … words are to be supported by facts. »

« And they are! Also yesterday He cured a Roman who was possessed! »

« Horrible! He cured a pagan! What a scandal! Have you heard that, Eli? »

« All faults are in Him: He is friendly with excisemen and prostitutes, and is in touch with heathens and… »

« And He endures scandalmongers, which is also a fault, and the gravest, in my eyes. But since He does not know and does not want to defend Himself, speak to me about it. I am His brother and I am older than He is, and this is another brother, the oldest(,). Speak up. »

« Why are you getting angry? Do you think that we are speaking ill of the Messiah? Oh! We have come from very far because of His fame. We were also telling these people… »

« Liar! You are so disgusting that I am turning my back on you. » And Judas of Alphaeus, probably because he feels that his love for his enemies is in danger, goes away.

« Isn't what we said true? Everybody here can tell… »

But not one of the « everybody », that is of those to whom the Galileans were speaking, utters a word. They do not wish to lie and they dare not give them the lie. So they remain silent.

« We do not even know what He is like… » says the Galilean Eli.

« You did not insult Him in my house, did you? » asks Matthew ironically. « Or has a disease made you lose your memory? »

The "Galilean" covers himself with his mantle and goes away with the others without replying.

« Coward » shouts Peter after him.

« They were telling us dreadful things about Him… » explains a man. « But we have seen His deeds. On the other hand we know what they, the Pharisees, are like. Whom should we believe then? The Good One, Who is really good, or the wicked ones, who say they are good, whereas they are a calamity? I know that since I

{--(1) It is to be remembered that the Hebrew word "brother" was used not only for a male kinsman having the same parents, but also for other relatives, and in particular for cousins.--}

have been coming here, I have changed so much, that I do not recognise myself any more. I was violent and hard on my wife and children, I had no respect for my neighbours, instead now… Everybody at the village says: "Azariah is no longer himself ". So? Has anyone ever heard that a demon makes people good? For whom does he work then? For our holiness? Oh! he is a strange demon indeed if he works for the Lord! »

« You are right, man. And may God protect you because you understand, see and work properly. Carry on like that and you will be a true disciple of the blessed Messiah. You will be a joy for Him Who wants your good and bears everything to lead you to it. Be scandalised only at true evil. But when you see that He works in the name of God do not be scandalised, and do not believe those who would like to persuade you of scandals, even if you see Him doing new things. These are new times. They have come like a flower, which has come up after its roots have been working for centuries. Had He not been preceded by centuries of expectation, we could not have understood His Word. But centuries of obedience to the Law of Sinai have given us the minimum preparation which enables us to inhale all the incense and the new times, a divine flower that the Bounty has granted us to see, and thus purify and fortify ourselves and spray ourselves with the scent of holiness like altars. New times have new systems, which are not contrary to the Law, but are infused with mercy and charity because He is the Mercy and the Love which descended from Heaven. » James of Alphaeus waves his hand to the people and goes towards the house.

« You do speak well! » says Peter amazed. « I never know what to say. I can only say: "Be good. Love Him, listen to Him and believe Him". I don't really know how He can be satisfied with me! »

« And yet He is very satisfied » replies James of Alphaeus.

« Do you really mean that or are you saying so out of kindness? »

« It is true. Also yesterday He was telling me. »

« Was He? In that case I am happier today than I was on the day they brought me my bride. But… where did you learn to speak so well? »

« On His Mother's knees and beside Him. What lessons! What words! Only He can speak better than She. But what She lacks in power, She gains in kindness… and penetrates your heart. Oh! Her lessons! Have you ever seen a piece of cloth the corner of which touches a scented oil? It slowly absorbs the scent but not the oil and even if the oil is removed, the scent is still there to say: "I was there". She is like that. With Her wisdom and grace She imbued us, coarse pieces of cloth which later life washed, and Her perfume is within us. »

« Why does He not make Her come? He said He was going to! We would become good, we would not be such blockheads… at least I would not. And also these people… In Her presence they would be good, also those wicked persons who come now and again… »

« Do you think so? I don't. We would improve and also the humble people. But the mighty and the wicked ones!… Oh! Simon of Jonas! Don't ascribe your honest feelings to other people! You would be disappointed… Here He is coming. Don't let us say anything… »

Jesus comes out of the kitchen holding the hand of a little boy, who toddles along with Him, eating a piece of bread seasoned with olive oil. Jesus adapts His stride to the little legs of His friend. « I made a conquest! » He says happily. « This four year old man, whose name is Asriel, told Me that he wants to be a disciple and wants to learn everything: to preach, to cure sick children, to make the vine shoots bear bunches of grapes also in December and then he wants to climb up a mountain and shout to the whole world: "Come, the Messiah is here!" Is that right Asriel? »

The smiling child replies: « Yes » and continues eating his piece of bread.

« You are hardly capable of eating! » Thomas teases him.

« You are not even capable of saying who the Messiah is. »

« He is Jesus of Nazareth. »

« And what does "Messiah" mean? »

« It means… it means: the Man Who was sent to be good and to make us all good. »

« And what does He do to make us good? And since you are a little rascal, what will you do? »

« I will love Him. And I will do everything. And He will do everything, because I love Him. If you do that, you will become good, too. »

« And you have had your lesson, Thomas. You have the commandment: "Love Me and you will do everything, because I will love you if you love Me; and love will work everything in you". The Holy Spirit has spoken. Come, Asriel. Let us go and preach. » Jesus is so happy when He is with a child, that I would like to take all the children to Him and make Him known to all the children. Instead there are so many who do not even know Him by name!

He passes in front of the veiled woman and before reaching her He says to the child: « Say to that woman: "Peace be with you". »

« Why? »

« Because she is like you when you fall and hurt yourself. And she is weeping. But if you tell her that, it will pass. »

« Peace be with you, woman. Don't cry. The Messiah told me. If you love Him, He will love you and cure you » shouts the child while Jesus drags him away without stopping. Asriel has the stuff missionaries are made of.

Even if for the time being his sermons are somewhat… untimely and he says more than he was asked to say.

« Peace to you all.

It is said: "You shall not bear false witness".

What is there more nauseating than a liar? Can we not say that he joins cruelty to impurity? Of course, we can. A liar, I am talking of a liar in grave matters, is cruel. He kills a reputation with his tongue. So he does not differ from a murderer. Nay: he is more than a murderer. A murderer kills only the body. A liar kills also a good name, the memory of a man. He is, therefore, twice a murderer. He is an unpunished murderer because he does not shed blood, but he injures the reputation both of the person calumniated and of the whole family. And I will not take into consideration the case of the person who brings about the death of his neighbour by swearing false witness. The coal of Gehenna is already piled upon such person. I am only talking of those who make false insinuations by telling lies and stir up other people against an innocent person. Why do they do that? Either out of hatred, without any reason, or out of greed to get what another man possesses, or out of fear.

Hatred. Only a friend of Satan hates. A good person does not hate. Never. For no reason whatsoever. Even if he is scorned and damaged, he forgives. He never hates. Hatred is the witness that a lost soul bears of itself and is the best witness in favour of an innocent man. Because hatred is the revolt of evil against good. Who is good does not need to be forgiven.

Greed. "He has what I have not got. I want what he has. But only by disparaging him I can obtain his position. And I am going to do it. Will I be lying? What does it matter? Will I be stealing? What does it matter? Will I ruin a whole family? What does it matter?" Of the many questions that the shrewd liar asks himself, he forgets, he wants to forget one question. This one: "And if I should be found out?" He does not ask himself such question, because a prey to pride and greed, he is like one whose eyes are closed. He does not see the danger. He is also like a drunk man. He is intoxicated with a satanic wine and does not consider that God is stronger than Satan and takes vengeance of the calumniated man. The liar has given himself to Falsehood and foolishly relies on its protection.

Fear. Many a time man slanders to excuse himself. It is the most common form of falsehood. Evil has been done. We are afraid it might be found out as our deed. Then, using and abusing the esteem in which we are still held by other people, we upset the situation, and we saddle someone else, of whose honesty only we are afraid, with the evil deed we accomplished. We also do it, because at times our neighbour has been the unintentional witness of our evil action, and we want to be secure from his eventual witness. So we accuse him to make him unpopular and thus, if he should speak, no one may believe him.

Behave properly! And you will never need such falsehood. Do you not consider, when you lie, what a heavy burden you take upon yourselves? It is made of subjection to the evil spirit, of perpetual fear of being found out, and of the necessity of remembering the lie, also after years, in all the circumstances and details in which it was told, without contradicting oneself. The labour of a galley-slave! If it only helped to gain Heaven! Instead it serves only to prepare a place in hell!

Be frank. How lovely are the lips of a man who does not know falsehood! He may be poor, coarse, unknown? He is, is he? But he is still a king.

Because he is sincere. And sincerity is more regal than gold and diadems, and elevates one above the crowds more than a throne, and procures a greater court of good people than a monarch has. Intimacy with a sincere man gives safety and comfort. Whereas friendship with an insincere person, or even to be near such a person, causes a feeling of uneasiness.

Since the truth soon comes to light in a thousand ways, why does he who lies not consider that afterwards he will always be suspected? How can one believe what he says? Even if he speaks the truth, and who hears him wants to believe him, there is always a doubt: "Is he lying also now?"

You may ask: "Where is the false witness?" Every lie is a false witness.

Not only legal ones.

Be simple, like God and a child. Be truthful every moment of your lives. Do you want to be considered good? Be truly so. Even if a scandalmonger should wish to speak evil of you, one hundred good people will say: "No. It is not true. He is good. His deeds speak of him".

In one of the sapiential books it is said: "A scoundrel, a vicious man, he goes with a leer on his lips… Deceit in his heart, always scheming evil, he sows dissension… There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that His soul abhors: a haughty look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that weaves wicked plots, feet that hurry to do evil, a false witness who lies with every breath, a man who sows dissension among brothers… His own lips are to blame when the wicked man is entrapped. A false witness is nothing but deceit. Lips that tell the truth abide firm for ever, the tongue that lies lasts only for a moment.

The words of a backbiter sound simple, but they pierce man's heart. The enemy brooding over treason is known by his speech. Do not trust him when he whispers, because he carries seven evils in his heart. He deceitfully conceals his hatred, but his wickedness will be disclosed… The man who digs a pit falls into it, the stone comes back on him that rolls it".

The sin of falsehood is as old as the world and the thought of the wise man concerning it is unchanged, unchanged is also the judgement of God on those who lie. I say: have only one language. May your "yes" be always "yes" and your "no" be always "no", also before mighty ones and tyrants. And you will receive great reward in Heaven for it. I say to you: be spontaneous like a child who by instinct goes towards him whom he perceives to be good without seeking anything but goodness. And he says what his own goodness makes him think, without considering whether he says too much and whether he may be reproached for it.

Go in peace. And may the Truth become your friend. »

Little Asriel, who has been sitting all the time at Jesus' feet, looking up at Him like a little bird that listens to the song of its father, makes a loving gesture: he rubs his little face against Jesus' knees and says to Him: « You and I are friends because You are good and I love You. Now I will say that too » and forcing his voice to make himself heard from one end to the other of the large room, gesticulating as he saw Jesus doing, he says: « Listen, everybody. I know where the people go who do not tell lies and love Jesus of Nazareth. They climb up Jacob's ladder. Up, up, up… together with the angels and they stop when they find the Lord » and he smiles happily, displaying his little teeth.

Jesus caresses him and goes among the crowd. He takes the little one back to his mother and says: « Thank you, woman, for giving Me your child. »

« He has bothered You… »

« No. He has given Me love. He is a little one of the Lord and may the

Lord be always with him and with you. Goodbye. »

It all ends.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:17 am by Poem

Book 1
    Chp: 131. Jesus at the « Clear Water »: « You Shall Not Covet What Belongs to Your Neighbour. »

15th March 1945.

« God gives everybody what is necessary. That is the truth. What is necessary to man? Pomp? A large number of servants? Countless fields? Banquets lasting from sunset to dawn? No. All that is necessary to man is a roof, a loaf, a garment. The indispensable to live.

Look around yourselves. Who are the happiest and the healthiest? Who enjoys a healthy tranquil old age? Fast living people? No. Those who live and work honestly and wish honest things. They are not poisoned by lust and thus they are strong. They are not intoxicated by orgies and are thus agile. They are not consumed by the poison of jealousy and are thus cheerful. Who instead craves to possess more and more, kills his own peace and has no joy,  grows old precociously, consumed by envy and abuses.

I could link the commandment: "You shall not steal" to the other one: "You shall not covet what belongs to your neighbour". In fact an immoderate longing urges one to steal. The step between the two is a very short one. Is every desire an unlawful one? I do not mean that. The father of a family who works in the fields or in a workshop and wishes to gain what is necessary to secure food for his family, most certainly does not commit a sin. On the contrary he fulfils his duty of a father. Who instead craves only to enjoy more and takes possession of what belongs to other people to have a better time, commits a sin.

Envy! What is to covet other people's property but avarice and envy? My dear children, envy separates man from God and unites him to Satan. Do you not remember that Lucifer was the first one to covet what did not belong to him? He was the most beautiful of the archangels and enjoyed the vision of God. He should have been happy with that. He envied God, wanted to be God and became a demon. The first demon. Another instance: Adam and Eve had been given everything, they enjoyed the earthly paradise and God's friendship, blessed with the gifts of grace which God had granted them. They should have been satisfied with that.

They envied God's knowledge of good and evil and were driven out of Eden and became disliked by God. The first sinners. A third instance: Cain envied Abel's friendship with the Lord. And he became the first killer. Mary, the sister of Aaron and Moses, envied her brother and became the first leper in the history of Israel. I could lead you step by step through the whole history of the people of God, and you would see that immoderate longing made men sinners and brought the country calamity. Because the sins of the individuals accumulate and bring disasters to the country, exactly as grains of sand, piling up throughout centuries, cause landslides which overwhelm villages and their inhabitants.

I have often cited little children as an instance, because they are simple and trustful. Today I say to you: imitate birds in their freedom from desires. Look. It is now winter. There is little food in the orchards. Do they worry about hoarding it in summer? No, they do not. They trust in the Lord. They know that they will always be able to catch for their little crops a small worm, a little grain, a crumb, a small spider, a little fly floating on water. They know that there will always be a warm chimney-top or a flock of wool to shelter them in winter, and they know as well that when the time comes when they will need hay for their nests and more food for their little ones, there will be sweet-smelling hay in the fields and juicy food in the orchards and in the furrows, and the air and the soil will be rich in insects. And they slowly sing: "Thank You, Creator, for what You give us and will give us", and they are ready to sing hosannas at the top of their voices when they will enjoy the company of their mates during the mating season and they see their offspring multiply.

Is there a happier creature than a bird? And what is its intelligence as compared to the intelligence of man? A chip of silica compared with a mountain. But it teaches you a lesson. I solemnly tell you that who lives without any impure desires possesses the joy of a bird. He trusts in God, feels that God is his Father. He smiles at the rising day and at the falling night, because he knows that the sun is his friend and night his nourishment. He looks at men without malice and is not afraid of their vengeance, because he does not harm them in any way. He is not afraid for his health or his sleep, because he knows that an honest life prevents diseases and grants a peaceful rest. And finally he is not afraid of death, because he knows that, since he always acted well, God can but smile at him. Also a king dies. And a rich man dies. A sceptre will not avert death, neither can money buy immortality. As before the King of kings and the Lord of lords crowns and money are ridiculous things, a life lived according to the Law is the only thing of value!

What are those men at the end of the room saying? Do not be afraid of speaking. »

« We were saying: of what sin is Antipas guilty? Of theft or adultery? »

« I would like you to look at your own hearts, and not at other people. But I will reply to you that he is guilty of idolatry, because he worships the flesh more than God, and he is guilty of adultery, theft, unlawful desires, and he will soon be guilty of homicide. »

« Will he be saved by You, the Saviour? »

« I will save those who are repentant and return to God. The unrepentant shall have no redemption. »

« You said that he is a thief. What did he steal? »

« His brother's wife. A theft is not only of money. It is also theft to take a man's reputation, to seduce a virgin, to take a wife away from her husband, as it is theft to steal a neighbour's ox or his plants. A theft, aggravated by lust or false witness, is aggravated by adultery, fornication or falsehood. »

« And what sin does a woman, who prostitutes herself, commit? »

« If she is married, a sin of adultery and theft with regard to her husband. If she is not married, a sin of impurity and of theft with regard to herself. »

« To herself? But she gives what belongs to her!! »

« No. Our body was created by God to be the temple of the soul, which is the temple of God. It must, therefore, be kept honest, otherwise the soul will be robbed of God's friendship and of eternal life. »

,« A prostitute then can only be of Satan? »

« Every sin is prostitution with Satan. A sinner, like a hired woman, gives himself to Satan for unlawful love, hoping to make a foul profit. Prostitution is a grave, a very grave sin which makes man like unclean animals. But do you think that any other capital sin is not so grave? What shall I say of idolatry? Of homicide? And yet God forgave the Israelites after the golden calf. He forgave David after his sin, which was a twofold one. God forgives who is repentant. Let repentance be proportioned to the number and gravity of sins, and I tell you that who is more repentant, will be more forgiven. Because repentance is a kind of love. Of active love. Who repents, says to God by his repentance: "I cannot bear Your wrath, because I love You and I want to be loved". And God loves who loves Him. I therefore say: the more one loves, the more one is loved. Who loves completely, is completely forgiven.

And that is the truth.

Go. But before I must let you know that at the gate of the village there is a widow, with many children, who are starving to death. She has been driven out of her house because of debts. And she may still "thank" the landlord, because he only drove her out. I have used your alms to buy bread for them.

But they need a shelter. Mercy is the most acceptable sacrifice to the Lord. Be good and in His name I give you assurance of a reward. »

The people whisper, consult with one another, discuss.

Jesus in the meantime cures a man who is almost blind and listens to a little old woman who has come from Doco to beg Him to go to her daughter-in-law who is ill. A long woeful story, which I, exhausted as I am today, will not write.

And, fortunately, it all comes to an end, because I am definitely not fit to go on, as I have been suffering from a heart attack these last three hours and it has dazzled also my sight.

Peace be with you always

Poem

Post Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:21 am by Poem

These Laws of God's are not kept. Now you can see why the Wrath Cometh.

Genesis 6:1-15

1 And after that men began to be multiplied upon the earth, and daughters were born to them,
    2 The sons of God seeing the daughters of men, that they were fair, took to themselves wives of all which they chose. 3
    And God said: My spirit shall not remain in man for ever, because he is flesh, and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.
    4 Now giants were upon the earth in those days. For after the sons of God went in to the daughters of men, and they brought forth children, these are the mighty men of old, men of renown.
    5 And God seeing that the wickedness of men was great on the earth, and that all the thought of their heart was bent upon evil at all times,
    6 It repented him that he had made man on the earth. And being touched inwardly with sorrow of heart,
    7 He said: I will destroy man, whom I have created, from the face of the earth, from man even to beasts, from the creeping thing even to the fowls of the air, for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noe found grace before the Lord.
    9 These are the generations of Noe: Noe was a just and perfect man in his generations, he walked with God.
    10 And he begot three sons, Sem, Cham, and Japheth.
    11 And the earth was corrupted before God, and was filled with iniquity.
    12 And when God had seen that the earth was corrupted (for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth,)
    13 He said to Noe: The end of all flesh is come before me, the earth is filled with iniquity through them, and I will destroy them with the earth. 14 Make thee an ark of timber planks: thou shalt make little rooms in the ark, and thou shalt pitch it within and without.
    15 And thus shalt thou make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits: the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

Peace be with you always

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am