Poem Of The Man God The Gospel As Revealed To Me

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gospel, Life of Jesus, Dogmas, Church Teachings, Catholic Faith, Prayers, Truth, Life, Regeneration, Evolution of Souls

From God Comes Everything

Poem
    Poem
    Admin

Number of posts : 4110

From God Comes Everything Empty From God Comes Everything

Post by Poem

Pg 161-162

"And what else can you say, spokesmen of the Lord? Is what you say yours? Or was it given to you by someone who was a teacher on Earth? No, it comes to you from the Word. It is His. You receive it in order to give it. You can neither pride yourselves on it nor refuse it. For if you were to do the latter, you would displease God, who, however, might repeat in you the miracle of Damascus and terrify you, to persuade you that against the will of God there is no resistance that is of use. How many of you, gripped by fear, have tried to refuse this supernatural brilliance raining down upon you like heavenly lightning? How many, before being voices, have almost or actually mocked or denied the supernatural coming to seek a 'nothing,' saying that' it could not be.'

"Well then? Do you now hear what 'can be'? However, since you are sometimes assailed by the fear of having sinned because of this thought or the resistance offered, I tell you that it is better to be in that state than anxious to possess certain gifts, anxious enough to fall into the Satanic trap and favor him with the yearning to dress oneself in robes which only God can give.

"And I tell You that you would act badly in taking pride in yourselves, for it is a gratuitous gift given for divine ends, not because you are you, but because there is need of you. The power is not yours. Never rob God of the glory which is his. You would soon be unmasked and punished by the mockery of the world and the judgment of God.

"Have some, like Paul, believing they were doing good, rejected the gift? Have they called it imaginary foolishness on seeing it in others' hearts? Let them examine themselves. Why? With what thought did they do so? With that of denying that God can do all? If so, they have sinned. With the thought that what the Church possesses is sufficient and that it is useless to wish to perfect what is perfect? If it is because of this thought, they have not sinned, for a respectful, zealous love 'of the tradition of the fathers' has moved them.

"But when God calls, do not offer resistance. Imitate Paul. Listen to what he says: '...Immediately, without paying attention to flesh and blood.... I withdrew.... Then ... I returned to Damascus...' that is, he obeyed the Lord.

"Every so often a combination of circumstances frightens you, poor souls, and you consider resisting out of fear of sinning by disobeying 'the tradition of the Fathers.' No, dear souls, no! Listen: Who is strongest? God. Who calls you? God. Therefore, without taking into account one factor or another, obey the One who is above all, and go securely. Consider that God's sign is upon you. He knows. Go securely. Fears are of Satanic origin, to make you disobey God and snatch an instrument away from God. And the world's insinuations are a sound without value which falls after having sounded. Let them sound. Withdraw into God and serve Him alone.

"May the grace of the Lord always be with you. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit!"
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am