Admin

Number of posts : 2456

1946: Mercy Towards Sinners

Post by Poem on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Notebook: 1945-50
    Page: 252
    Chp: Mercy Towards Sinners

April 20, 1946

The words of the Most Glorious Risen One, who nonetheless is having me share in the agony of Our Lady until dawn tomorrow, appearing to me only to give me new life in the triumphal beauty of his Body rising from death.

"For those who may not understand the reasons of infinite mercy for which I do not disclose or accuse or point out before your excessively prompt disdain souls that are imperfect, even blameworthy, I shall recall the final words of the prophecy of Jonah, he was a figure of Me in being swallowed into the body of they whale: 'Shouldn't I show pity on Nineveh, the great city, in which there are more than 120,000 people who are unable to distinguish their right hand from their left? (Jonah 4:10-11)

"And the One speaking to Jonah was the Lord, the Lord of the time of indignation and sternness--it was God the Father... But I am the Son, who became incarnate and died to bring you forgiveness and love.. I am Mercy. I am Love. I am Forgiveness. I am Compassion. I defended the adulteress, not because of her sin seemed slight to Me, but because the ones accusing her were not sinless. And one cannot condemn when one is not sinless. I taught you this by that act. I forgave the great sinners that the Gospel makes known to you. For to forgive, to forgive under one's own protection, is to provide time to be redeemed. I taught you this by such forgiveness and protection. I forgave my crucifiers because 'they did not know what they were doing.' They were intoxicated with the ferment of their passions. I taught you this truth by that forgiveness.. For all who err are intoxicated with some wicked passion. This does not justify them in their evil action. But Mercy grants forgiveness to give them time and assistance to emerge from their error. Only when 'everything is finished' for them, too--that is, earthly life ends, which is a chain of constant acts of mercy by God, a constant protection by the angelic spirit fighting against the infernal one--then Justice succeeds Mercy, out of Justice towards Itself and the just, who must not be equated with sinners.

"Let this make you and those who might be amazed at my behavior towards the souls you know about understand why Mercy redeeming from condemnatory Justice still superabounds for these souls. And imitate Me in order to be like Me, clement and gentle in heart and charitable towards your neighbors who are sinners: 'prayer, suffering, love.' And do not complain about Me or judge my judgements, which are all just, or my actions, which are all holy and which you are unable to understand with your limited senses and affections."

Peace be with you always

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:34 am