Admin

Number of posts : 2454

Jesus Explains Why He Picked St. John the Beloved for The Vision

Post by Poem on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Page: 180
    Chp: The Choice of Peter as Head

July 20

Jesus continues on:

"Peter was 'practice,' practical genius. John was 'poetry,' poetic genius. But when times are hard, not only the pens of poets are needed, but iron fists to grip the tiller tightly"

"To make up for it, I gave my Beloved One the vision of the times to come after having given him my most confidential secrets and my Mother. I could say that John, in the temporal order, is the last, and, in terms of the future, the first of the great prophets. For he closes the cycle begun by Moses regarding the Lamb that by his immolation saves the world, and he lifts up the veil covering over the last day.

"But believe that in Heaven my splendor crowns the brows of Peter and John with the same light, and it would be good for you not to make human comparisons regarding beings who are superhuman."

Peace be with you always

Last edited by Poem on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total
    Poem
    Admin

Number of posts : 2454

Re: Jesus Explains Why He Picked St. John the Beloved for The Vision

Post by Poem on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:03 pm

To Continue the Above from the Beginning of the Chapter.

July 20

Jesus says:

"And, write, then. In what is supernatural, one must never be afraid. The one who dictates to you knows what is being said, and the one who who reads you understands because I have also put him in a position to understand. So set aside all human reconsideration's. Remember that you are my spokesman; you must thus say what I tell you without reflecting in human terms on the impression others may get from it.

"Therefore: The reasons for which I made Peter the head of the Church instead of making my Beloved One the head are varied and all just. Now don't go weighing Peter's love and John's on a scale to derive the reason for the choice from that. Your weights and your measures have no validity in Heaven. They were two different loves, as their temperaments, ages, and ways of loving were different. Different and equally aimed at the same goal--Myself--and equally dear to Me. So eliminate from this the objections and conjectures on love.

"Peter was the most mature of the apostles, already respected as a leader by other fishermen, who later became apostles; as I stated, he was familiar with life in all its facets of light and shadow and was endowed with strength of character, boldness, and an impulsiveness which was needed in those circumstances. By his painful experience, he was familiar with the weakness of an hour and was able to understand the weaknesses of others in the hours of doubt and danger.

"I have already stated this. He was not the one who loved Me most. He was one who loved Me with all his capacity for loving, as, moreover, all of the others among the twelve did, including Judas, until he lent an ear to the seducer.

"In the Church, which was to be formed among so many struggles and deceits, there was a need for someone who, by virtue of his age, authority, experience, and impetus, would be able to impose himself on others. And who was like Peter in these gifts needed to form my Church?

"John was the youngest. With the soul of a flower, he did not know the evil of life. He was a lily with its bud still closed over the whiteness of its interior. He opened in the hour when my gaze descended into his heart, and he could no longer see anything but Me. He was a child with the heart of a hero and a dove. Peter was the support for my Heart, which saw the present and future, but John was the comfort. How much comfort just from his sweet smile, his pure glance, and his infrequent, but always so loving, words! To be close to John was for Me like resting near a fresh well, shadowed by plants on a carpet of flowers. He exuded peace.

"But, for the sake of prudence and justice, could I impose him on the others, who were older? One must bear in mind that they were men, destined to perfection, but still men. That is why my Intelligence chose Peter--an adult, familiar with spiritual indigence, impulsive, and authoritarian--over John--meek, idealistic, young and innocent.

Continues to the first Post above this one.

Peace be with you always

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:29 pm