The Words Given To Maria Valtorta Written in English

The Holy Spirit Instructs Souls Seeking to Elevate Higher

Poem
    Admin

Number of posts : 2455

The Holy Spirit Instructs Souls Seeking to Elevate Higher

Post by Poem on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 pm

The Divine Spirit says:

"I wounded your intellect with the statement 'Immortality resides in intimate union with Wisdom' (Wisdom 8:17). I shall now explain this truth to you.

"Let us compare the soul to just any creature and Wisdom, to a powerful king. The creature, as long as she is only a subject of that king, or just a being the king sees when going on a journey over the earth, is nothing but a creature with no particular distinction. Today content with her little well-being, tomorrow trembling with fear of excessive power, the day after busying about herself with matters of slight value, and the following day weeping over a loss in her goods. The king is always the same: rich, powerful and secure. But the poor creature is never secure. But if that king, from the height of his coach, lets his gaze fall upon that creature and, seeing that she is lovable in her poverty, feels love for her and says, 'I want to take her with me, instruct her so she will not cut a poor figure at my side, and then, when she has become learned in the art of the kingdom, make her my wife,' and does so, doesn't this soul, by such a choice, acquire the gifts of power and wealth and security of her husband-king?

"When Wisdom says to a soul, 'Come. You are mine,' and instructs her in his truths and chooses her as his consort, giving himself in continual loving embraces, revealing himself in all his sublime perfection on the marriage bed, opening all his coffers and saying, 'Take my gems--they exist to adorn you,' handing her the chalice of vivifying wine which grants wholeness and eternal life, saying, 'Drink from my cup in order to be preserved from corruption and death,' then the soul passes from subjection to union, and, if faithful to this election, she acquires immortality. True immortality, not the relative one given by men to men.

"How many who in their time regarded themselves as and were called 'immortal' are now among the 'unknown' dead, even in terms of remembrance! Most men do not even know they lived, and, among those who know them by name, who knows their works with precision? An exiguous minority. True immortality is that known to God and his blessed ones. It is that which will be proclaimed on the day of the Last Judgment in the sight of the resurrected multitude. It is that which is conquered by union with Wisdom. With Me. For those who live with Me and love Me, adorn themselves with my gems, and drink my waters walk in the ways of holiness and conquer immortality by conquering the Kingdom of God.

"I won't leave you. If the repose of the Son of God is in the hearts that love Him, my joy is to remain close to those who love Me. The Love feeding on love, who feels He is sinking into his love because He can pour the waves of his goodness into too few, expands, full and constant like a great perennial river, over the souls faithful to Him. He embraces them with his very sweet waves, lifts them up, and transports them, bearing them into the great sea of the knowledge of God as far as the gulf of blessedness: to the breast of the Eternal Father.

"Be good. Remain at peace. The flower on the wave does not offer resistance. It sails into the azure wherein it quenches its thirst, shining in the sunbeams of the water adorning it, and heads into open sea. Go in the same way. I bless you."

Last edited by Poem on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Poem
    Admin

Re: The Holy Spirit Instructs Souls Seeking to Elevate Higher

Post by Poem on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 pm

In the evening Eternal Love says:

"There are no words of my own. But you have heard Me speak from the lips of the Word, the Virgin, and the Apostle; to those seeking God, to those studying God, and to those needing God. For you, in the midst of the bitter waves, a current of sweetness. For the others, what is found in the great amount which is given. I am the Spirit of Love. But I am also Justice. I give Myself more to whoever is sacrificed to Me more. Let whoever has ears to hear understand.

"Sensuality is not to be present in spiritual love: God's caresses are not gifts which you can demand. They are graces which are given. And it is necessary not to be greedy, like misers who want a heap of money. And one must not be like the satraps, who spent their time gazing at the gems their subjects brought to their coffers, with no exertion on their part, whereas those bearing them had sweated blood to wrest the gems from the entrails of the seas and the ground. With his or her effort, each one extract the extremely pure diamonds of Wisdom. Do not incur in the easy deviation of spirituality towards sentimentalism. I am the Fortifier, and I want fortitude in my faithful ones. Sentimentalism in religion is like the clay and the iron in the feet of the statue dreamed of by Nebuchadnezzar. It suffices for the pebble of a disappointment to strike them, and everything is in danger. And if the stone is large, there is ruin.

"Fortitude, children! Fortitude! The earth is a place of struggle. Blessedness is here, where I am. But to rise up to it... It is like a road of jagged jaspar. A torture. And every torture is a merit. The Son of God had nothing but that. Do you want a better one? Renew yourselves in my fire."

Peace be with you always
    Poem
    Admin

Post by Poem on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:31 pm

"The wave of sweetness promised me last night by the Paraclete is a welcome event, squeezing tears of joy out of me. It came with an entirely spiritual caress, with a breath which was a very light kiss, grazing my forehead, and with such a deep impetus of love in me that my physical heart suffered therefrom, and at the same time all is sweetness and joy. And, simultaneously, the voiceless Voice of the Paraclete spoke and speaks to me bringing me, as a metaphor for the way God loves me, the lily which blossomed. Their lily... He says:

"You are loved like this... You are maintained like this... [He waits for me to write the foregoing and then continues.] God is your strength. See how the stem is quite rigid. It lacks nothing, not even leaves, which are not useless, but necessary for the protection of the flower. God is your stem: the divine virtues, your leaves. God is your end. The flower is at the top of the stem. You are like the long pistil protruding from the calix of snow, surrounded by the golden flames of the anthers filled with pollen. God loves you like this. He created you, sinking you into the earth, like a bulb in a flowerbed, but He gave you a soul--the core of your life--and, after having mortified it by having it taste the mortifying darkness of the earth, He took that soul ever upwards, protecting it with the virtues set as a defense, inhaling it as far as the white embrace of the Eternal Corolla: our Most Holy Trinity. Our love enwraps you exactly like this--in whiteness and fire, peace and rejoicing. Look: since you are our little Maria, entirely ours, your spirit, the long style, enclosed in our Heart, possess our sign--it is one and is marked by three separations which do not divide it, but render it tricuspid in its stigma. Maria, little Maria..."

And the Voice becomes silent, but is succeeded by a choir filled with angelic hosannas, above which there clearly and joyfully rises the voice of the Virgin singing the Magnificat... How She sings! I have never heard that psalm sung with a singing of this kind. Only She can sing like this... I do not see Her. I see only an immense and very powerful splendor. But I know it is Her, and with my soul I join in the song..."

Peace be with you always

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:32 pm